Avondale Truck Accident Attorney
Avondale is a city in Maricopa County in Arizona. Though the population of this small town does not exceed 100,000 (as of the 2010 U.S. Census it totaled 76,238), tourist attractions such as the Phoenix International Raceway and Avondale's existing residents ensure a number of people will continuously occupy the city streets in cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles. Though not as common as motor vehicle accidents, truck accidents each year number an estimated 500,000, often leaving the occupants of the smaller vehicle involved in the crash with critical, life-threatening injuries.
Our tractor trailer accident lawyers understand how devastating these injuries can be and are dedicated to helping you find compensation for your injuries. Truck drivers and companies alike are legally obligated to pay compensation to accident victims if they are proven to be at fault for the incident.
Arizona Truck Accident Statistics
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), commercial trucks accounted for 1.318 percent of the traffic accidents in 2010, with a total of 2,662 accidents. These resulted in 34 fatal crashes and 604 injury crashes. With a total of 415,702 registered commercial vehicles in the state, trucks are a very common sight on Arizona's roads and highways, which means there is an increased risk of being involved in a big rig accident.
Truck Accident Causes
Truck companies have improved safety and truck driver training over the years, but new statistics still show an alarmingly high number of truck collisions occurring. The top ten causes of truck accidents, from the greatest to the least, are:
- Prescription drug use
- Unfamiliarity with Roadways
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
- Illegal maneuvering
- Exterior distractions
- Inadequate actions
- Aggressive driving behaviors
In addition, inadequate training in regards to safety and driving techniques, unrealistic schedules and goals of the trucking company, and compensation that may encourage too much working and excessive speeding, are all significant factors in why trucks collisions may occur.
Different Types of Truck Accidents
Just as there are a number of ways automobile accidents can occur, there are also quite a few ways truck collisions occur. The following are some of the more common types of truck accidents:
- Rollover accidents: Semi truck rollovers can occur at high speeds or when going as slow as 5 mph. They can also occur when a curve is taken too quickly.
- Jackknife accidents: This occurs when the trailer of a truck folds and truck begins moving down the road at an angle or facing the opposite direction.
- Tire blowout accidents: The consequences of a tire blowout can be far more dangerous than when it happens to a regular motor vehicle due to the size of the truck and its tires.
- Under-ride accidents: This happens when a smaller vehicle hits the truck from the rear or side and slides underneath. One of the more deadly types of truck accidents.
How a Top-Rated Avondale Trucking Accident Lawyer Can Help
When a smaller vehicle is involved in a commercial truck accident, the results can be catastrophic and can impact a victim's life forever. Also, the unexpected financial burden associated with being in a truck crash, such as medical bills and lost wages, will only make moving past an accident more challenging. The Avondale accident attorneys with the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. are committed to helping those injured in a truck crash due to another party's negligence obtain the compensation they need to get back on their feet. Please contact us to discuss your case with a member of our law team.