Phoenix Bike Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
Spinal Injury as a Result of a Bicycle Collision
Being involved in a crash on your bicycle is bad enough but if you've sustained injuries, especially to your spinal cord, the outcome may be even more devastating than you could ever have imagined. When you crash on your bicycle, or are hit by a vehicle, you know the risks. You've seen the news. You've heard the statistics and seen the safety advertising campaigns. But you don't expect to have your life stopped forever in that moment. And whether your injury is a speed bump you can eventually overcome with the right assistance and time or one that will permanently alter the trajectory of your life, having the right attorney by your side can make all the difference in your recovery and in getting a proper settlement. To learn more about your options, your accident, and how to get the help you deserve read on and then call a Phoenix bike accident attorney at Breyer Law Offices, P.C.
The Husband & Wife Law Team Can Help After a Spine Injury in a Phoenix Bike Accident
When you're in pain after a bike crash and working to both recover from your spinal cord injury and get the compensation you deserve, something is going to give. But with the right help you can get all the help you need with every aspect of your recovery without having to let anything slide. Just some of the help you'll get from the Husband and Wife Law Team includes:
- Help understanding your rights, and guidance to ensure that you do everything you are supposed to do to keep those rights intact.
- A negotiator to deal with your medical payments and other accident-related bills.
- Help finding the doctors best-suited to treat your specific case so that you can recover better and faster.
- Someone to file your legal paperwork correctly and within the statute of limitations.
- A negotiator to ensure that you are treated fairly by the insurance company and by the negligent party.
Common Types of Spinal Cord Injuries in Bike Accidents
- Compression of the spine, which may be caused by hitting the pavement, an inanimate object, or by being sandwiched between your bicycle and a vehicle or another object
- Severing of the spinal cord, which can occur at any part of your spine, from the base of your neck down to your hips; this type of injury typically results in either death or permanent paralysis, and the extent of the damage is contingent upon the location of the injury
- Slipped discs, which often can be repaired with therapy or surgery, but significantly impair your ability to live your life to maximum capacity and with full enjoyment for months or even years
- Other injuries that require significant therapy, medical care over time, or multiple surgeries
How Acute Spinal Cord Injuries Occur in Crashes
- Bicycle rider is thrown from their bicycle and hits the ground at full speed or hits another inanimate object
- Bicycle rider is crushed between their bicycle and the vehicle that strikes them
- The rider becomes sandwiched between two vehicles, with their bicycle or something else compressing their spine
- The vehicle involved strikes the rider with such force that the injuries occur on first, sudden impact
Problems Encountered After an Acute Spinal Cord Injury in a Crash
- Inability to walk, run, or exercise in ways that you used to do
- Inability to stand for long periods of time
- Incapability to take care of yourself for many daily tasks - depending on the severity of your injury this could mean needing help going to the bathroom, cooking, taking a bath or shower, and even getting dressed or doing your hair
- Inability to hold down a normal job, especially if that job requires you to be able to stand, walk, or do other tasks that require your spine
Get Help from Skilled Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyers at (602) 267-1280
If you sustained serious injuries to your spinal cord during a bicycle crash, whether those injuries are permanent or temporary, you deserve a fair settlement, and the attorneys at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. will do everything possible to help you get everything you need and deserve for your recovery, no matter what the duration will be. A free review of your case to help you to make the right decision about your settlement is just one phone call away. Reach out to Phoenix injury lawyers Mark and Alexis Breyer at (602) 267-1280 for help with your spinal cord injury recovery now.