In early March 2016, a chapter of the Arizona Hell’s Angels rented out a movie theater in Tempe to celebrate their 68th anniversary. It was Saturday afternoon and the marquee film was Hell’s Angels Forever, a 1983 documentary that chronicled the history of the club. Roughly 100 people attended the screening at Pollack Tempe Cinemas. The screening went on at exactly noon, ran its allotted time, and as a statement by the group explained: “Not only were there no issues or incidents at the first screening, there has never been a problem at any H-A event in the state of Arizona.” Read the rest »
How many times have you been driving somewhere and heard a loud motorcycle roll up behind or alongside you? For most motorists who don’t own or ride motorcycles, this can be plenty annoying. The sound of a motorcycle’s exhaust can be deafening in the right situation – and if the owner has modified the bike in any way, it can be ten times louder than normal. But despite the perceived nuisance, this is actually a “sound” way for motorcycle enthusiast to keep themselves safe. Anything that helps make their presence known on the road is a good thing – even if it grates on a neighboring motorist’s nerves.
But, loud pipes and modified exhaust systems aren’t the only way for bikers to get your attention. There are many other ways that can be employed in order to avoid an accident. If you are a motorcyclists consider some of the following safety features for your next ride:
- Excessive Horns – Factory or stock horns do little to let opposing traffic know that a motorcycle is near. They are small sounding and barely register when there is gridlock. Motorcycle owners can improve their odds of being noticed by installing a custom horn that has a bit more “oomf” to it.
- Neon / Reflective Surfaces – Just like their bicycle counterparts, motorcyclists can benefit by applying large swaths of reflective coatings and clothing to their ride. It only takes a few inches of reflect tape or neon lighting in order to get a passing motorist’s attention.
- LED Lighting – For as much as we all hate the guy who pulls up behind us with the super bright lights, it can mean the difference between life and death for a motorcyclist. Ultra bright lights can be seen from much farther away and lets oncoming traffic know a motorcycle is near.
We recommend that all current and aspiring motorcycle owners invest in safety gear for their rides – especially if night riding is in your plans. That being said, even when riders do invest in these safety measures often times they are still hurt by another’s negligence. In addition, it is still up to the public to watch out for innocent motorcycle riders. However, should you end up in a motorcycle accident, give Breyer Law Offices, P.C. a call and schedule a free consultation to review your legal options. We know what it takes to win cases for motorcycle riders and their families and are very involved in the motorcycle community. You can reach us at (602) 267-1280.
One person has been injured in a motorcycle collision in Prescott, according to the Prescott Daily Courier. The collision happened on State Route 89 less than 10 miles outside of Prescott. The female rider of the motorcycle involved was seriously injured.
The woman was taken from the scene by helicopter to a hospital where she received emergency treatment. It’s unclear what happened to cause the collision, or how many other vehicles were involved. Read the rest »
If you or someone you love was recently involved in a collision on a motorcycle in Mesa, you’re going to need some help. Thousands of people are injured in Arizona every year when they are hit by cars while riding their motorcycles through cities like Mesa. These accidents frequently result in serious injuries, and even fatalities. For most bikers who are involved in crashes, the next logical step is to hire an attorney. But many individuals don’t realize that this is helpful or useful. Before you give up on your case and accept whatever the insurance company is offering to you for your injuries and damages, read on. Read the rest »
Every motorcycle collision that happens in Paradise Valley has the potential to leave victims with serious injuries, and may even put their lives in danger. Some people do not always take these accidents and their aftermath seriously, which in turn makes it difficult to protect riders from the worst, and most common, causes of these collisions. Are you a driver, or do you know one, who has made these potentially catastrophic mistakes on the road?
- Cutting off motorcycle riders on the road, thinking they can and will respond like other drivers
- Slamming on the brakes, causing a motorcycle rider to have to stop short, potentially causing a turnover
- Failing to yield to motorcycle riders when turning left at a light
- Ignoring blind spots on the road and changing lanes without looking out for bikers Read the rest »
Victims of motorcycle collisions in Chandler don’t have it easy. In fact, recovery can require months, even years of healing. And that means time off work, time away from your loved ones (while you are in the hospital or unable to spend time with them as you used to), and time spent in extreme discomfort, not to mention a great deal of time spent wondering when, or if, your life will ever get back on track. Read on for more information about motorcycle crashes and then reach out for help from experienced motorcycle attorneys. Read the rest »
Every Tempe motorcycle collision victim has rights. That’s right, even you. But if you’ve recently sustained serious injuries in a collision you may feel that you don’t have rights. The insurance company, the driver who hit you with their vehicle, and other involved parties may be trying (or succeeding) at making you feel that you are somehow at fault for the accident or for your injuries. That’s why motorcycle injury attorneys can be so helpful when you’ve been hurt. It only takes one call to set up an initial consultation, and the information you get can help you determine whether hiring an attorney is the right option for you. Calling sooner than later is important especially for motorcycle cases because evidence can be destroyed more easily and it is necessary to interview witnesses right away, even if you know that you were not at fault for the incident. Read on for info on how to choose a motorcycle attorney. Read the rest »
After a motorcycle accident, it can be difficult to eat and sleep well and watch your anxiety levels, especially if you’re dealing with a lot of pain. However, a healthy lifestyle is absolute vital to recovery. Read the guide below to learn how you can make the aftermath of a collision much easier to bear:
- Follow the instructions that the doctor gives you. This means going to your appointments, taking your medications, getting the right amount of rest, elevating broken bones, and following any other instructions the doctor gives you, even if you don’t like them. That includes taking baths instead of showering, if necessary. Read the rest »
Planning for the future after the sudden death of your loved one is extremely difficult to do. Unfortunately, if you’ve recently experienced the loss of your loved one after they were struck by a car while riding their motorcycle in Phoenix, then you must think about the future without them, because the future is now. If you are going through the grieving process and need help figuring out where to go next, here are some tips that may help you begin the process of moving forward.
- Lean on your family and friends for support. The death of someone that you care about is never easy to handle. When you have friends and family around you, it is okay to tell them how you are feeling and to ask them to help you. Whether this means them cooking a meal or two each week so that you do not have to, or just being there so you have a shoulder to cry on, this support can make a world of difference in moving you and your family through the grieving process. Read the rest »
Being involved in a motorcycle crash in Glendale AZ has put you on edge. You have a lot of questions, but you’re not getting all the answers you need or want, and certainly not in a timely fashion. However, you have to calm down and focus on one thing at a time, get all the help you can, and pay special attention to your physical recovery.
If you sustained injuries, chances are that you’re going to be in recovery for several months, if not a year or more. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones and are not hurt that bad. Unfortunately, motorcycle crashes often leave victims seriously injured. Here are some considerations you will need to make right now that can impact your long term recovery and your claim. Read the rest »