Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
The Husband and Wife Law Team Is Here To Help After a Car Crash
You may have a lot on your mind if you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, and the thought of filing a personal injury claim may seem like it would only add more stress to an already stressful situation. However, if you have a valid claim, taking legal action can help recoup the losses you’ve incurred from medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more. To learn more about your legal rights and options as an Arizona accident victim, contact our Phoenix car accident lawyers Breyer Law Offices, P.C. Call us at (602) 267-1280 or submit an online contact form.
Phoenix Car Accident Client Testimonial
You know who caused your traffic accident, but in order to have a legitimate claim for financial reimbursement, it will be necessary to prove that the other party was careless or negligent. A number of factors can be used to indicate if another party failed to uphold their duty of care, including:
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving (texting or talking on cell phone while driving)
- Defective auto products
To support your claim, it is crucial to gather as much evidence as possible. An experienced traffic accident lawyer can be an invaluable asset during this process. The legal team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C., has the experience and resources to handle a thorough accident investigation on your behalf. We work closely with forensic investigators, accident recreationists, and other experts in the field in order to build a strong case against the negligent party.
The Husband and Wife Law Team is dedicated to helping injured victims get the justice and financial reimbursement they need and deserve.
Phoenix Car Accident Case Results
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- $1,250,000.00 - Automobile Accident
- $1,015,000.00 - Car Accident
- $940,000.00 - Automobile Accident
- $700,000.00 - Auto Accident
- $450,000.00 - Auto Accident
- Confidential Settlement - Rollover Accident Wrongful Death
- Insurance Policy Limits - Wrongful Death
- Insurance Policy Limits - Wrongful Death/Automobile Accident
Ultimately, the goal of a personal injury claim in Phoenix is to provide the injured victim with sufficient financial support to cover the resulting losses from an accident. Unfortunately, many traffic collisions have tragic and long-lasting consequences. For example, a serious crash can leave survivors with serious injuries, such as whiplash, brain damage, the loss of a limb, or paralysis that will have a dramatic effect on his or her quality of life. If another party is responsible for such damages, it is only fair that they are held accountable.
Types of damages that you can ask for include:
- Medical Expenses: Past, current, and/or future medical treatment, surgery, assistive devices, or therapy.
- Income: Lost current and/or future wages, loss of earning ability.
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain and discomfort, emotional or psychological anguish.
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Wrongful Death
Providing the Legal Support You Need
At Breyer Law Offices, P.C., our Phoenix auto accident attorneys will work tirelessly to build a strong case and fight to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We understand how devastating an accident can be, so we will doggedly pursue your Phoenix personal injury claim while you concentrate on your own recovery. The Husband and Wife Law Team of Alexis Breyer and Mark Breyer is dedicated to helping auto accident victims get the justice and financial reimbursement they need. Call us at (602) 267-1280 for a free consultation.
When several vehicles have been involved in a collision, it is imperative that you get help from a Phoenix multi-vehicle accident attorney who can address the complex legal issues involved. In many such cases, more than one party may be at fault, and a claim will need to be filed against more than one insurance company.
How Is Fault Determined in a Multi-Vehicle Car Accident?
Arizona operates under the "fault" auto insurance model, and the injured victims have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit to seek compensation for their losses. In a multi-vehicle accident, the determination of driver negligence is critical to the case’s outcome. Each driver holds a responsibility to protect the safety of other drivers and occupants on the road. This is termed a "duty of care."
Essentially, all drivers operating vehicles in Arizona are required to act toward others and the public with watchfulness, attention, caution, and prudence in the manner that another reasonable person facing the same circumstances would. If a driver's actions fail to meet this standard of care, he or she can be held liable for the economic and non-economic damages the innocent parties have suffered.
Injury Claims in Multi-Vehicle Accidents in Arizona
As the monetary stakes can be high, auto insurance companies often count upon their corporate defense lawyers to sort out claims and negotiate the terms of a settlement. For this reason, it could not be more important that you get the representation of a skilled traffic accident attorney to negotiate on your behalf. Breyer Law Offices, P.C. has an overall record of settling 98% of its cases successfully. Founding attorney Mark Breyer is a Board Certified Specialist in personal injury and wrongful death law - a credential earned by less than 2% of attorneys in Arizona. You can trust that your case will be handled with professionalism and skill, and that your case will be given the attention it deserves.
Compensation After a Fatal Car Accident
Fatal crashes are common in Phoenix. The Arizona Department of Transportation reports there were 35,802 Phoenix car accidents in the year 2014, resulting in 176 fatalities. Seventy-one of those fatal crashes were found to be alcohol-related.
We often think that only the people who die in vehicle accidents (or those who are injured) are negatively impacted. But if you are the loved one left behind after an accidental death, you'll likely experience a great deal of pain, grief, disbelief, anguish, and financial loss.
What Causes Wrongful Death Collisions?
A "wrongful death" in a car accident occurs when a life is lost due to the negligence, recklessness, or wrongdoing of another party. When you've lost a loved one in an accident, you’ll likely find yourself looking for answers as to what happened and why; and whether or not the accident could have been prevented. In most cases, the car crash that killed the person you love could have been avoided. Some of the most common and avoidable causes of fatal collisions that lead to wrongful death claims include:
- Drivers who are fatigued. Fatigued driving has been compared to driving drunk in recent years, because it is a serious form of impairment. A motor vehicle in the hands of a fatigued driver can become a lethal weapon.
- Drivers who become distracted. Distraction can be as simple as changing the radio station or taking your eyes off the road to look at a sign. Many people don't realize that this small distraction can alter your life…or end the life of another. Eating, drinking, grooming, having conversations, talking on your cell phone, and texting can all lead to collisions.
- Drivers who don't follow the courtesy rules or laws of the road. Changing lanes without signaling, speeding, cutting off other drivers, and tailgating are all negligent actions that can, and often do, lead to serious accidents that result in injury and death.
- Drivers who go too fast. A driver doesn't have to exceed the speed limit to be held accountable for a fatal crash. He or she only has to drive at a speed unsafe for the traffic and weather conditions.
- Drivers who are drunk. Motorists who operate vehicles under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are at higher risk for causing a fatal crash.
- Drivers who are recklessness. Many fatal collisions happen at intersections after drivers fail to obey traffic control devices, such as red lights and stop signs.
Why an Attorney Can Help After the Death of a Loved One
While no amount of compensation can bring back a loved one, you should be able to grieve without having to worry about medical bills, burial costs, future income, retirement, etc. An experienced wrongful death attorney can help you recover the losses a deadly traffic accident has cost you. For a free evaluation of your case, reach out to the Husband and Wife Law Team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. by calling (602) 267-1280.
- Auto Accident Blogs
- Car Accident Wrongful Death Blogs
- Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Safe Driving Tips for Out of State Students
- What to Do if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident with a Phoenix Drunk Driver
- Arizona Car Accident Statistics
- Arizona Department of Transportation
- Arizona Motor Vehicle Services