Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
The Husband and Wife Law Team Is Here To Help After a Car Crash
You may have a lot on your mind if you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, and the thought of filing a personal injury claim may seem like it would only add more stress to an already stressful situation. However, if you have a valid case, taking legal action can help prevent further challenges in the long run brought on by medical expenses, lost wages, or the loss of a loved one, for example. If you have been injured and need answers to auto accident questions, contact our Phoenix car accident lawyers for immediate help. Call us at (602) 267-1280 or submit an online contact form.
To learn more about your legal options, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the car accident attorneys at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. for a free consultation. With our guidance, you will be able to make an informed decision about your future and possibly obtain financial compensation to support you in your recovery.
Phoenix Car Accident Client Testimonial
Who is Responsible for the Accident?
You know who caused your traffic accident, but in order to have a legitimate claim to financial reimbursement, it will be necessary to prove that the other party was careless or negligent.
A number of factors that indicate another driver or party failed to uphold his or her duty to be careful include:
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
- Fatigued driving
- Using a mobile device while operating a vehicle (manually or hands-free)
- Defective auto products
It is crucial to gather as much evidence as possible to help support your claim; however, photographs or witness testimony may not be enough, in some cases. A tenacious Phoenix accident lawyer will be a valuable asset during this process. Breyer Law Offices, P.C. have the experience and resources to handle a thorough accident investigation. We work closely with forensic investigators, accident recreationists, and other experts in the field in order to build a strong case against the negligent party on behalf of our clients.
The Value of a Personal Injury Claim in Phoenix
Ultimately, the goal of a personal injury claim in Phoenix is to provide the injured victim with sufficient financial support to cover the resulting damages of an accident. Unfortunately, many traffic collisions have tragic and long-lasting consequences. For example, a serious crash can leave surviving victims with catastrophic injuries, such as brain damage, spinal cord injuries, or paralysis that will have a dramatic affect on his or her quality of life. If another party is responsible for such damages, it is only fair that he or she is held accountable and provides financial assistance.
Types of Compensatory Damages Include:
- Medical Expenses - Past, current, and/or future medical treatment, surgery, assistive devices, or therapy.
- Income - Lost current and/or future wages, loss of earning ability.
- Pain and Suffering - Physical pain and discomfort, emotional or psychological anguish.
- Loss of Consortium - Loss of the companionship provided by the accident victim.
Providing the Legal Support You Need in Phoenix
At Breyer Law Offices, P.C., our tenacious Phoenix auto accident attorneys will work tirelessly on your behalf to uncover every contributing factor of your case and will fight to ensure that you receive the best possible compensation for your losses. We understand how devastating a collision can be in many aspects of your life and will handle your claim so you can concentrate on your own recovery. The Husband and Wife Legal Team of Alexis Breyer and Mark Breyer are dedicated to helping auto accident victims get the justice and financial reimbursement they need and deserve. Call us at (602) 267-1280 for a free initial consultation to learn more about our services and how we may be able to help you.
Fatal Car Accidents
Fatal crashes are common in Phoenix. The Arizona Department of Transportation reports there were 35,802 Phoenix car accidents in the year 2014. During that year, 176 people were killed in Phoenix car crashes. This includes 71 fatal crashes that were alcohol-related. But, not all fatal crashes in lead to a wrongful death claim.
The Impact of a Deadly Car Crash
We often think that only the people who die in wrongful death car crashes (or those who are injured) are negatively impacted by the incident. And that's a natural way to think because we don't always understand what we can't see. But if you are the loved one left behind after a death, then you know that this misunderstanding is not only very real but very severe. The consequences you suffer when a loved one dies can range from serious to devastating. You'll experience pain, grief, disbelief, financial loss, and a difficult recovery of your own moving forward after the collision.
If your loved one died after being involved in an automobile collision, you are doing the right thing by looking to speak to an attorney. It is important to speak to an attorney who deals with wrongful death accidents. The reason to speak to a Phoenix wrongful death lawyer who only handles personal injury and accident cases is that the attorney is more likely to understand the law pertaining directly to your case and can help you make the right decisions moving forward. You may not be sure if you have a case or even need a lawyer, but a lawyer who regularly deals with these types of cases will have a better understanding of what constitutes a good case and can let you know if you really do need an attorney to help you and your family.
What Causes Wrongful Death Collisions?
A "wrongful death" in a car accident happens when a person is killed due to the negligence, reckless or wrongdoing of a driver. When you've lost a loved one you're constantly looking for answers as to what happened and why, and whether or not the accident could have been prevented. In most cases, the car crash that killed the person you loved could have been avoided and when you read through this list of common causes you will see just the types of mistakes and negligent actions that didn't have to occur but frequently do happen on the roads of Arizona. Some of the most common causes of fatal collisions that lead to wrongful death claims in include:
- Drivers who drive when they are fatigued. Fatigued driving has been compared in recent years to driving drunk because it is a serious form of impairment. Driven when they are feeling tired on the road should stop, pull over, take an exit and find a parking spot, but never should they keep driving. Unfortunately that's what happens many times and then the fatigue driver causes a serious accident.
- Drivers who allow themselves to become distracted. Distraction can be as simple as changing the radio station and taking your eyes off the road and one hand off of the wheel. Most people don't realize that this small distraction can change your life or end the life of another person. Eating, drinking, grooming, having conversations, talking on the cell phone, and texting on your cell phone call all lead to the distraction that leads to collisions.
- Drivers who don't follow the courtesy rules or laws of the road. Changing lanes without signaling, speeding, cutting off other drivers, and tailgating are all negligent actions that can, and often do, lead to serious accidents that cause the deaths of, or serious injury to, people who are involved.
- Excessive speed: A driver doesn't have to exceed the speed limit to be held accountable for a fatal crash. They only have to drive at a speed unsafe for the traffic and weather conditions.
- Drunk driving: Motorists who operate vehicles under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs are at high risk of causing a fatal crash.
- Recklessness: Many fatal collisions happen at intersections after drivers fail to obey traffic control devices such as red lights and stop signs.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim in Phoenix
If you've lost a loved one in a fatal car crash, you should stay in touch with the on-going investigation. If the at-fault driver is charged with a crime like manslaughter or drunk driving, or cited for a traffic violation like speeding or running through a red light, it could help your case. A driver doesn't have to face penalties from the authorities to be held accountable for the crash.
A wrongful death claim is usually filed by immediate family members of the victim, like a spouse, children, or parents.
Plaintiffs in such wrongful death or survival actions can seek compensation for damages including medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost future income, pain and suffering, and loss of love and companionship.
Why Your Family Might Seek Out a Phoenix Deadly Car Accident Attorney After the Death of a Loved One
A top Phoenix accident attorney can help you recover damages from the person who caused the crash and the death of your loved one, including obtaining compensation for medical expenses, loss of income from a wage earner if they were one, funeral expenses, payments for the loss of your companion, emotional distress, and more.
For a free evaluation of your case and for help on getting down to the core of your family's recovery after a significant loss in a wrongful death collision, reach out to the Husband and Wife Law Team by calling (602) 267-1280. We are here to help. Even if you just want to bounce the facts of your case off an attorney and get valid feedback on whether or not you have a case, we are here to help.
Phoenix Car Accident Case Results
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- $1,250,000.00 - Automobile Accident
- $1,015,000.00 - Car Accident
- $940,000.00 - Automobile Accident
- $700,000.00 - Auto Accident
- $450,000.00 - Auto Accident
- Confidential Settlement - Rollover Accident Wrongful Death
- Insurance Policy Limits - Wrongful Death
- Insurance Policy Limits - Wrongful Death/Automobile Accident