Phoenix Elder Financial Abuse Lawyers
Assisting Victims in Senior Financial Abuse Cases
Many senior citizens rely on caregivers, friends and family to help them manage their financial affairs. These people are entrusted with the savings that a person has accumulated over the course of his or her life. Most take the responsibility to pay bills on time and otherwise manage senior citizens' financial affairs very seriously. However, some betray the trust bestowed upon them and take advantage of other people to benefit themselves. If elder financial abuse is not detected early, it can cause extreme financial and emotional hardship for the victims and their families. If you know or suspect that a senior citizen is being taken advantage of financially, the Phoenix elder abuse lawyers at Breyer Law Offices, P.C., can help.
Examples of Financial Abuse
When someone abuses the trust of a person who can no longer manage his or her finances and steals from that person, our elder abuse attorneys can help. It is critically important to take immediate action before the thief is alerted of an investigation. Elder financial abuse can be quite difficult to detect as, in most cases, the victim trusts the individual. It is common for this type of abuse to go on undetected for years, which makes it especially reprehensible. Since the abuser is usually the only person handling the victim's finances, the victim has no idea he or she is being taken advantage of until it is too late. Types of elder financial abuse include the following:
- Companies and salespeople selling the elderly things they do not need or that do not work
- Financial institutions and account managers tacking on unnecessary fees
- Healthcare providers that hide theft in itemized invoices so that it's difficult for the victim to detect it
- Portfolio managers and other financial professionals who knowingly persuade seniors to make financial decisions that won't help them
- Home improvement hustlers who take advanced payment to perform work, but are never seen again
- Many other situations where a person or organization deliberately takes advantage of an elderly person for their own gain
Dedicated Legal Assistance for Seniors in Phoenix
If you have any reason to believe that someone is stealing from or otherwise financially abusing an elderly person, alert the authorities or contact the Arizona elder abuse lawyers at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. Elder financial abuse is theft, and there is no other way to describe it. When you contact our law firm, we will launch an immediate investigation and proactively protect the interests of the victim by pursuing civil litigation against that person. Call us today at (602) 267-1280, so that we may help those who cannot help themselves.