Phoenix Swimming Pool Diving Injury Lawyers
Diving Injuries in a Swimming Pool Accident
With all the swimming pools in the Phoenix area, safety is always a concern for swimmers, parents, and pool owners. One major cause of swimming pool injuries has always been diving, whether from a diving platform, a diving board, or from the side of the pool. Diving accidents often cause head, neck, and back injuries, and have been known to result in full or partial paralysis and drowning deaths.
Statistics show that approximately 65,000 adolescents per year visit an emergency room each year due to diving accidents. Statistics also show that 80 percent of diving injuries occur at depths of four feet (1.2 meters) or less. For insurance reasons, many pool owners and municipalities have opted not to have diving boards at their pools. Even though only about 10 percent of swimming pool diving accidents occur when using a diving board, the injuries incurred tend to be more severe.
If you or a family member has been injured in a swimming pool diving accident, the owner or party in charge of that pool may be liable for any injuries suffered. To find out if you have grounds for a premises liability claim, you'll want to consult an experienced Phoenix swimming pool diving injury attorney. The Husband & Wife Law Team at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. has been representing Arizona injury victims for 20 years. Call us today at (602) 267-1280 for a free consultation.
Compensation for Swimming Pool Diving Accidents
If the owner or caretaker of a swimming pool can be proven negligent, the injured party may seek compensation for any of the following damages:
- Current medical bills
- Costs of future medical treatments related to their initial injury
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Permanent injury or disability
- Full or partial paralysis
- Costs of lifelong care if needed
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Hedonic damages (loss of joy of life)
- Punitive damages
Compensation for Wrongful Death
In the event that a loved one has died in a swimming pool diving accident, you and your family may be able to pursue compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement)
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, etc.
- Loss of household services the deceased provided (childcare, chores, etc.)
Proving Owner or Caretaker Liability
In Arizona, a pool's owner or a party responsible for a pool has to keep the pool environment reasonably safe. This involves meeting certain safety requirements:
- Ground level pools must be surrounded by a fence with a self latching gate
- The pool owner must provide supervision
- The pool owner must have appropriate life saving equipment at the pool and have sufficient insurance
Contact a Dedicated Phoenix Swimming Pool Accident Attorney
To have a successful injury claim, it's important that you have the representation of Phoenix swimming pool accident lawyers who are familiar with Arizona's swimming pool liability laws. The legal team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. is available to help. Call (602) 267-1280 today for a free case evaluation.