Ahwatukee Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Riding a bicycle is a wonderful way to get around town. Ahwatukee is a great place to ride a bicycle. There is a nice bike path that runs through Sun Ray Park. The area also includes Pyramid Trail, Butler’s Pass Trail, and Desert Classic Trail.
Riding a bike provides an outstanding cardiovascular workout. You get to enjoy the great outdoors and leave a small carbon footprint. Thanks to our amazing weather in Ahwatukee, you can ride a bike almost any time of year. However, bicycle riders are vulnerable to injuries, especially when drivers fail to look out for them and make unsafe maneuvers.
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle crash, you have the right to seek compensation from anyone whose wrongful or negligent actions contributed to your injuries.
The Husband & Wife Law Team has been helping accident victims in Ahwatukee for over 25 years. Firm founders Mark and Alexis Breyer belong to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is only open to attorneys who have successfully recovered millions of dollars for their clients. Mark and Alexis Breyer have also been recognized for providing clients superior service by Super Lawyers and Avvo, two leading legal rating agencies.
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, call (480) 588-8508 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
Even when you ride carefully, follow all the rules, and wear your safety equipment, bicyclists can’t always count on other people to do the right thing. In addition to unsafe drivers, bicyclists also have to contend with badly designed roads, poorly marked bike lanes, and unclear traffic signs.
To protect people on bicycles, Arizona has a three-foot passing law that requires drivers to allow bike riders at least three feet of space when passing. Unfortunately, it’s usually the bicycle rider who pays the price when careless drivers don’t follow the law.
Negligent driver behavior that causes injuries to bike riders includes:
- Distracted driving
- Ignoring bike lanes
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Opening a traffic-facing door without looking
- Careless merging and lane changes
- Not giving the rider 3 feet of space when passing
- Failure to look out for bikes when making a turn
Bicycle accidents cause serious injuries. It’s important to make sure you get immediate medical attention. There are things you can do after the accident that will make it easier for your Ahwatukee personal injury attorney to file a successful claim on your behalf:
- Call 911 right away. Your injuries may require emergency room treatment, and the first responders will make sure you get the help you need. A law enforcement officer at the scene will file a police report.
- Collect evidence. If you feel up to it, use your cell phone camera to capture some pictures of the accident scene. Include pictures of damage to your bicycle and injuries you have sustained. If you require immediate medical assistance, you can ask a friend to take the pictures for you.
- Collect contact information from anyone who was involved in the accident and all witnesses.
- Medical treatment. Be sure to see a doctor right away. Keep records of all your medical appointments, physical therapy sessions, and any other treatment you receive.
- Don’t talk about the accident with friends, and don’t reveal details about your case on social media.
- Contact a bicycle accident lawyer. If an insurance agent asks you to make a statement about the accident or sign any documents, politely refer them to your attorney.
Bicycle accidents cause severe injuries that require extensive medical treatment. You may need a long period of rest and recovery before you are ready to resume your normal activities, and you are probably facing significant expenses caused by the accident.
The Husband & Wife Law Team will explore every possible avenue to get compensation for your injuries. Our experienced litigators will negotiate with the insurance company, and if they refuse to make a reasonable offer, we are always prepared to take them to court.
When The Husband & Wife Law Team files a bicycle accident claim for one of our clients, it includes the following types of damages:
- Emergency room treatment
- Reduced quality of life
- Ambulance rides
- Doctor’s office visits
- In-home nursing care
- Lost wages
- Medical devices
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Occupational therapy
- Wheelchair ramps for your home
- Wrongful death
If you’ve been involved in an Ahwatukee bicycle accident and sustained serious injuries, we want to know what happened.The Husband & Wife Law Team will find the best strategy to get you the money you need to take care of yourself and your family. We have a 98 percent success rate, so you
can count on our ability to win.
Call us at (480) 588-8508 to learn more today.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.