Ahwatukee Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
As a resident of Ahwatukee, you know that any type of major accident can put the entire small town on pause, even more so when the incident involves a pedestrian. Although you may pause temporarily when others are involved in collisions, when it is you or someone you love that has been hit by a car, your entire life will go on pause. Depending on the severity of your injuries, your life may pause for more than just a moment. In fact, for many pedestrians who are hit by cars, life pauses for weeks, months, and even years as they go through the recovery process. If you meet this misfortune, your life may change in an instant. Unfortunately, many pedestrian accidents end in death. We know this all too well, from helping so many families.
You may not think about being hit by a car because it seems like something that could never happen, and like something that only happens in the movies or that only happens to other people. And so, you may not think about, or prepare for, how your life might change after you have been struck by a vehicle. But pedestrians who are hit by cars usually have their life turned upside down. Below are different ways that we have seen injuries impact one's life. A wrongful death in a pedestrian accident is at a whole other level, although many times, pedestrian accidents for those who survive are extremely devastating.
- Injuries that will take weeks, months, or years to heal, and sometimes injuries that may never heal completely.
- Necessary time off work to heal, which could put you out of work for the entire length of your recovery.
- Stress from not being able to pay your bills for weeks or months.
- Not being able to enjoy the same things in life that you once enjoyed, either permanently or temporarily. This means that you may not be able to run, walk your dog, ride a bicycle, play sports, or even play with your children.
- Loss of mobility or the ability to do many things that you used to do for yourself, depending on the severity of your injuries, such as cooking breakfast, tying your shoes, and even writing your own name.
When you're involved in a crash with a car, and you're on foot, some things are almost certain for you. You understand that there is a risk of injury, but you may not understand everything that awaits you. Some of the things that you will have to think about and take care of after your incident include the following:
- Filing a police report and follow up with the police to get a copy of your police report.
- Contacting the insurance company to start a claim for the incident, even though you were not driving a vehicle. We recommend that a family friend call the insurance company. If you are going to hire an attorney, it is even better to have the attorney call the insurance company. It is our preference that our clients let us get the police report and contact the insurance company.
- Going to the hospital for medical treatment and set up multiple visits with doctors and specialists, including physical therapists thereafter. This may also include surgical consultations and surgeries. It may be that you were taken from the scene by ambulance. Many people who call our office will be in the hospital for a long time. Others are luckier and are able to be released sooner.
It can be difficult to move through all of these steps. That's why it is important to consider your options and speak with a skilled Ahwatukee injury attorney about your rights, your responsibilities, and your options moving forward.
Attorneys are in a unique position to help you get the best settlement possible. Let's face it, many people fear or dislike attorneys based on movies and things that they have heard over the years. But the truth is that personal injury lawyers work hard to help victims get the settlements that they deserve. With the right attorney at your side you will not be bullied or persuaded by the insurance company to take a lower settlement. You are also more likely to receive a settlement with an amount of compensation appropriate to cover your:
- Medical expenses, not only for right now, but also for the long term as you work to make a full recovery.
- Personal suffering and pain, and the suffering of your immediate family, who you are unable to care for, and who have their own emotional considerations.
- Your lost income as you are unable to work throughout your recovery.
- Interest charges, penalties, and fees that pile up while you are unable to pay your bills, and additional compensation to help pay those bills.
- Damages to your personal property that you may have been carrying at the time of the accident.
The first step to getting on the road to recovery after you've been hit by a car is a free review of your pedestrian accident case. Reach out to the Ahwatukee injury lawyers at The Husband & Wife Law Team at (480) 588-8508 now for your free consultation.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.