AZ Passenger Injury Lawyers
The Toll of Auto Accidents and Passenger Injuries
While many studies focus on injuries and losses suffered by drivers and pedestrian in the course of an auto accident in Arizona, passengers are often innocent victims of serious injury- and fatality-causing car crashes throughout the state. The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) recently reported that nearly 90,000 passengers are involved in car and motorcycle accidents every year. The majority of passenger deaths, around 80 percent, occur while the individual is riding in a car, pickup truck, or station wagon. These deaths represent nearly one-quarter of the total number of crash-related deaths that happen in the state each year.
Approximately 87 percent of passengers in car crashes in Arizona were reported to have been wearing their seatbelt at the time of the accident while the remaining 13 percent either did not use a safety device or investigators were unable to determine whether one was being used. Despite the high rate of seatbelt use among motor vehicle passengers, these individuals still account for around 13,900 accident-related injuries annually.
What Can Passengers Do To Prevent Arizona Auto Accidents?
If you are riding in a vehicle, you can help prevent the occurrence of a passenger injury accident by following a few simple rules for your own safety.
- Always wear a seatbelt or use safety gear on motorcycles or all-terrain vehicles (ATVs);
- Do not distract the driver from the road with loud conversations, sudden movements; or distracting actions;
- Never agree to ride in a vehicle that does not have enough seatbelts for everyone or that does not have properly working seatbelts; and
- Make sure that you are riding with a designated driver; if you don't have one, get a cab instead.
Even after following precautions and working to be safe, passengers can still be injured in car crashes. If you are injury in an accident, you should always contact an Arizona personal injury lawyer, no matter what the cause of the crash.
What Can an Arizona Passenger Injury Lawyer Do to Help?
If you are injured in an Arizona auto accident, there is a chance that the drivers' insurance limits will not cover your injuries and to protect yourself, you should contact a skilled lawyer at The Husband & Wife Law Team. We help passengers who were victims of serious car accidents by negotiating with the at-fault driver to secure a fair settlement including funds above and beyond the insurance payment. We do whatever we can to secure funds that will cover all of the injured person's medical expenses and personal damages that are related to the collision. If you were a passenger victim of a car wreck, call our Arizona passenger injury attorneys at (602) 457-6222 today for a free case evaluation.
Recent Passenger Injury Case Verdicts:
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- $330,000.00 - Catastrophic Injury Car Accident
- $165,044.77 - T-Bone Accident
- $165,000.00 - Passenger Injury Accident
- $150,000.00 - Uncapped Policy Limits Award
- $100,000.00 - Passenger Injury
- $100,000.00 - Red Light Accident
- $100,000.00 - Changing Lanes Accident
- Insurance Policy Limits - Truck Accident
- Insurance Policy Limits - Motorcycle Passenger Accident
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer