How Long Will it Take to Settle My Arizona Personal Injury Claim?
When you've been injured in a serious accident you have a lot of questions. For most victims, reeling minds, frustration, pain, anger, confusion, and not understanding what is going on are typical experiences. One of the biggest questions is about the length of time it will take to settle your claim. The answer to this question is more than just a simple number. There are many factors involved in your individual case that help to determine the length of time that it will take to reach a fair settlement on an injury claim. A skilled Arizona injury attorney like those at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C., can help determine what your expectations should be.
- The amount of compensation you receive will depend on the significance of your damages, including the length of time you are out of work, the extent of your physical injuries, and other factors such as if your injury is permanent, if you will need future treatment, and the amount of your medical expenses.
- When you file your case - if you file your case too late, the statute of limitations may preclude you from moving forward and getting any compensation at all.
- How you file - filing on your own could keep you from getting all the compensation you deserve, especially if you take the settlement offered first by the insurance company, or do not know what to ask for
- You can settle your personal injury case in mere weeks if you are willing to take whatever low settlement you are offered, which in most cases will not cover your total expenses
- What you say to the insurance company or to the negligent party that caused your injuries can have an impact on your compensation, and also on your timeline
All of the above things factor into the length of time your case will take to settle. Here are some specific issues that can slow it down.
- Your injury claim is valued at more than the insurance company will offer and we have to consider filing a lawsuit
- The negligent party is denying all culpability
- An agreement cannot be reached, resulting in the need for ligation
- Your medical recovery is very slow due to your injuries and a determination as to your ongoing medical care requirements has yet to be determined
- There are problems with the legal facts or evidence in the case that require additional review
- There is missing information in the case that must be filled in before the case can move forward
Calling The Husband & Wife Law Team for a free case review as quickly as possible after your accident can help ensure a better settlement. The first step is to contact an attorney that you feel comfortable with and interview them to see if you want to take the step to hire the attorney. At Breyer Law Offices, P.C., we are here to answer all your questions. Many times we may let you know an Arizona accident attorney is not necessary for your case. Give us a call at (602) 267-1280 and we will go over your options with you and you can make the decision as to what is best for your case.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer