Avondale Child Injury Lawyers
Children can be accident prone, in Avondale and elsewhere. They tend to rush into situations with more enthusiasm and less caution than most adults. Like other cities, Avondale has children’s recreational sports programs, to help keep kids active and teach them friendly competition. Unfortunately, injuries come with the territory. It is sad when children get hurt, and even more distressing to parents when a child’s injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence.
Children can be involved in a wide variety of accidents. Some of the most common include:
- Playground and school accidents: This can happen when playgrounds are poorly maintained, and broken equipment causes falls, cuts, broken bones, and contusions. Spills, poorly maintained flooring, missing tiles or handrails, and uneven surfaces on school grounds can lead to serious slip or trip and fall accidents.
- Bicycle accidents: Every year, approximately 254,000 children are injured and approximately 100 are killed as a result of bicycle wrecks, as stated by Stanford Medicine. Many children injured on bikes are hit by motor vehicles. This is more likely to occur when drivers are distracted, speeding, driving under the influence, or disregarding traffic signs or signals.
- Dog bites: More than 4.5 million people in the U.S. are bitten by dogs every year, and more than half of them are children. Children are more likely than adults to be severely injured when a vicious dog attacks.
- Defective products: Unsafe toys are a common cause of injury to children. Despite the Child Safety Protection Act and other legislation, hundreds of dangerous toys on the market injure children every year. Other defective products, such as cribs and car seats, also cause child injuries.
- Drowning accidents: Small children should never be left unattended in or near a swimming pool. Under Arizona law, ground level pools must be surrounded with a fence that has a self-latching gate to keep children from entering on their own or falling in.
- Amusement park accidents: Children can be injured at water parks or amusement parks because of poor maintenance, defective equipment, mechanical failure, negligent security, or untrained employees.
- Daycare accidents: Daycare centers in Arizona must be licensed, but that does not guarantee they are safe. Children can be hurt in daycares as a result of staff negligence. One potential danger is toys that are not age appropriate. A toy that is safe for a five year old may present a choking hazard for a younger child.
- Airway obstruction: Suffocation is a leading cause of unintentional injury-related death among children under one year of age, according to Stanford Medicine.
If your child’s accident and injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, that party may be liable for damages. Examples of potentially liable parties include:
- Driver of a vehicle that hit your child on a bicycle
- Institution, such as a school or daycare center, which was negligent in caring for your child
- Property owner who failed to maintain the premises free from hazards, such as a neighbor with a pool that did not have a proper gate and fencing
- Owner of a dog that attacked and seriously injured your child
- Manufacturer of a defective product, such as a crib, car seat, or toy, which caused injury to your child
- Owner of an amusement part where your child was injured due to negligence
If your child has been seriously injured, The Husband & Wife Law Team can investigate the accident to determine who is responsible for your child’s injuries. Our Avondale child injury attorneys can explain your options under the law and pursue the maximum compensation available from the at-fault party. Contact us today at (623) 930-8064 for a free case evaluation.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.