Phoenix Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Get Legal Help After a Phoenix Bike Accident
Rising fuel costs and a growing eco-consciousness in our country mean that bicycles are a more popular mode of transportation than ever. But increasing numbers of bikes on Arizona roads mean increasing numbers of collisions - events that may lead to injury, disfigurement, and death.
Bicycle accidents take place on all kinds of roads, in all types of weather, and under various conditions. Generally, intersections are the most dangerous place for cyclists, who can be struck by a vehicle that disregards the cyclist's right-of-way or refuses to yield.
At The Husband & Wife Law Team, our bicycle accident lawyers in Phoenix have handled many cases for injured bicyclists, earning a long list of favorable verdicts and settlements on their behalf. We understand the legal system and can give you the support you seek. Contact our team at (602) 457-6222 to schedule a free consultation.
Phoenix Bike Accident Client Testimonial
- Former clientSee more handwritten reviews
What Type of Recovery May Be Available?
Because bike accidents often end in severe injury to the bicyclists, victims can require extensive treatment, ranging from temporary intensive care to long-term medical attention. Fortunately, a Phoenix personal injury claim can help you secure the compensation to pay these bills. While every case is different and specific dollar amounts change, there are common categories found in a personal injury claim. They include:
- Economic damages - The hard costs of your accident (such as medical bills, hospital arrangements, lost wages, and emergency transportation).
- Non-economic damages - The intangible costs of your accident that have a profound impact on your quality of life. This can include pain and suffering and loss of consortium.
What Are Common Causes of Bike Accidents?
As a cyclist, you hoped that motorists would always pay attention to you, but they didn’t. Drivers are not the only problem out on the road, however. The lack of signage, road shoulders, and bike lanes all contribute to serious accidents involving bicyclists.
Some examples of driver negligence or wrongdoing that The Husband & Wife Law Team has seen include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Distracted driving or inattention
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to bicyclists
- Bike lane intrusion
- Dooring or striking a bicyclist with a car door
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Driving at high speed
- Making an unsafe turn or an unsafe lane change
- Entering the street from a parking spot or driveway, or entering traffic directly in front of a cyclist
846 pedalcyclists were killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the U.S. in 2019. - NHTSA
What Are Common Injuries After a Bike Accident?
Due to the considerable size difference between an automobile and a bicycle, cyclists often end up suffering a variety of serious injuries after being struck by a car. This includes, but is certainly not limited to, deep lacerations, facial disfigurement, internal organ damage, amputation, and burns. Here are three common serious injuries we see after most bicycle accidents:
- Bone Fractures - When you are hit by a vehicle, you can suffer injuries from the impact with the vehicle as well as the ground (called “secondary impact”). Cyclists are most likely to sustain fractures to the arms, legs, wrists, ankles, back, neck, face, collarbone, and pelvis.
- Head Injuries - Even if riders take the precaution of wearing a helmet, head injuries can still occur, including skull fractures, contusions, concussions, traumatic brain injury, and intracranial bleeding. After a brain injury, victims can suffer devastating and long-lasting effects that they carry with them for the rest of their lives.
- Spinal Injuries - You could suffer compression of the spine, which may be caused by hitting the pavement, an inanimate object, or being sandwiched between your bicycle and the vehicle. The accident could sever your spinal cord, which typically results in permanent paralysis.
Children Injured in Bike Accidents
We know that the number of children injured while riding bicycles is growing every year, especially those hit by motor vehicles. Regardless of the circumstances, when a child has been in an accident, it is important for the child's guardians to research bike accident attorneys in Phoenix immediately. Because the injuries your child sustained may be substantial, your family could lose the quality of life you previously enjoyed. With the help of a lawyer, you may be able to recover damages from the driver’s insurance company for medical care, skilled caregivers, hospital bills, and other expenses related to your child’s accident. He or she may also be entitled to compensation for any disability, disfigurement, or pain he or she continues to suffer.
Wrongful Death After a Bike-Car Collision
In serious cases, a bike accident can lead to the wrongful death of a rider. If your loved one has been killed while riding a bike due to the negligence of another driver, you and your family are entitled to compensation.
The state of Arizona maintains a statute of limitations on all personal injury claims. This means that unless you meet the required deadline, you lose your chance at compensation. We recommend contacting our firm as soon as possible to discuss your case.
Serving Injured Bicyclists in the Southwest
When you have suffered serious personal injury because of another party's carelessness or irresponsible behavior, you deserve to recover compensation. We know that bicyclists are at a higher risk of injury in an accident due to their vulnerable nature. Since 1996, The Husband & Wife Law Team, has helped protect the rights of Phoenix residents after bike accident injuries.
Mark Breyer is a certified specialist in injury and wrongful death law, a certification held by about 1% of Arizona lawyers. The Husband & Wife Law Team has successfully handled hundreds of cases for injured bicyclists. We are here to take the burden of the legal process off your shoulders and help you obtain the resources and support necessary during this difficult time. Call us at (602) 457-6222 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Recent Bicycle Accident Case Verdicts:
- $135,000.00 - Bicycle Accident
- $100,000.00 - Bike Accident
- $78,000.00 - Bike Accident
- Policy Limits - Bike Accident
- Insurance Policy Limits - Bicycle Accident
- Tips for Preventing Bicycle Dooring Accidents
- How a Bike Safety Course May Save Your Life
- What Are E-Bikes and How Do They Impact Your Safety?
- When Bicycling and Kids Don’t Mix
- Ride Your Bike Across Arizona?
- Bicycle Safety - NHTSA
- Bicyclists and Other Cyclists - Traffic Safety Facts - NHTSA
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.