Phoenix Bike Accident Injury Attorneys
Serving Injured Clients in the Southwest
When you have suffered serious personal injury because of another party's carelessness, irresponsible behavior, or negligence, you may be able to pursue a claim to recover damages from the offending party. Since 1996, Breyer Law Offices, P.C. has helped protect the rights of Phoenix residents suffering after bike accident injuries.
We know that bicyclists are at risk of accidents for many reasons: the size of the bike, the design of the road, and possible inclement weather. But most bike accident injuries are due to the carelessness of motor vehicle drivers. Some common situations that cause collisions include the following:
- An automobile driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- An automobile driver turning directly in front of a cyclist
- An automobile driver running a stop sign (or light) or failing to yield at an intersection
- An automobile driver failing to look both ways before proceeding after stopping at a red light or stop sign
- An automobile driver entering the street from a parking spot or driveway, or entering traffic directly in front of a cyclist
Attorneys are abundant, so you need to be well-informed when choosing one. Picking the right personal injury attorney can mean the difference between a modest recovery and the compensation you deserve. If you were injured in a bicycle accident and are seeking representation, look for Phoenix bike accident lawyers who have these qualities:
- Have malpractice insurance.
- Are certified specialists in injury and wrongful death law.
- Will take you seriously and not treat your case like just another number.
Breyer Law Offices, P.C., only practices injury and wrongful death law. Mark Breyer is a certified specialist in injury and wrongful death, a certification held by less than 2% of Arizona lawyers. We have successfully handled cases for injured bicyclists as well as over a thousand other cases.
Common Injuries Associated with Bike Accidents
As anyone who has ridden a bike knows, bikes offer little in the way of protection against bodily injury. It doesn’t take much to lose control and end up in the emergency room. So when it comes to bike accidents involving an out-of-control automobile, the danger is amplified considerably. Injuries sustained in such accident are often serious, if not deadly. More often than not, the injured cyclist requires immediate medical attention. Some of the more common injuries we encounter in bike accidents include:
- Deep lacerations and abrasions of the skin
- Simple and compound bone fractures
- Head, neck, and spinal trauma
- Loss of senses
The Type of Recovery You Deserve
Because bike accidents often end in severe injury, victims can require extensive treatment, ranging from temporary intensive care to long-term medical attention. While insurance may be able to cover some costs, it probably won’t cover them all. Because of this, victims end up paying for treatment out of pocket, which can quickly add up. If you have ever been involved in a bike accident, you are probably well aware of the expenses we’re talking about.
Fortunately, a successful personal injury claim can help you secure the compensation needed to pay these bills. While every case is different and specific dollar amounts change from case to case, there are common categories found in a personal injury claims. They include:
- Economic damages - the hard costs of your accident (such as medical bills, hospital arrangements, lost wages, and emergency transportation).
- Non-economic damages - the intangible costs that have a profound impact on your quality of life. This can include pain and suffering and loss of consortium.
Contact Our Phoenix Bike Accident Injury Attorneys Today
If you are seriously injured and reviewing Phoenix injury attorneys, it is advisable to make a decision and, if appropriate, file a personal injury claim immediately. Your time to file could be limited. Contact The Husband and Wife Law Team of Alexis and Mark Breyer today. We will answer your questions honestly and discuss your options in proceeding with a potential claim.
Call (602) 267-1280 for a free consultation today, and remember – we can come to you if you are unable to visit one of our offices.