Arizona Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents happen every day in Arizona, in every city, and more than you would ever think. In fact, Arizona’s car accident fatality rate of 1.24 is above that of the national fatality rate, which sat at 1.07 in 2014. And when you look at the 2015 Arizona car accident statistics below, you can see just how many people are affected by these accidents every day, and that the trend continues with each passing year.
- About 2.45 people were killed each day in Arizona in 2015.
- In 2015, one person was killed approximately every 9 hours.
- Approximately 146 people were injured every day due to Arizona car accidents.
- About every 10 minutes, someone was injured from a car accident.
- Alcohol played a factor in 4.24% of all car accidents, and it was a factor of 32.8% of crashes ending in fatality.
- Urban areas of Arizona, such as Phoenix, saw a greater instance of alcohol-related crashes than rural areas. While 77.9% of crashes involving alcohol happened in urban areas, that number dropped drastically to 22.1% in rural areas. When it came to fatalities from alcohol-related crashed, urban areas saw a slightly higher percentage at 56.39% over the 43.61% seen in rural areas.
- Pedestrians and cyclists came into the mix in 2015 as well, with 11.44% of accidents involving pedestrians were fatal for the pedestrian, and 1.95% of accidents involving cyclists were fatal.
- Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, most crashes (72.5%) of all Arizona car accidents happened during the daytime hours, from 6:00am to 6:00pm
The above Arizona car accident statistics for 2015 show quite clearly just how common car accidents are throughout the state, and how many people are affected by them every single day. A person can suffer a number of injuries from an Arizona car accident, and often those injuries can result in loss of income due to an inability to work, high medical bills, and emotional and physical trauma and stress. The court process for Arizona car accidents can also often be long and drawn out, not to mention complicated.
At Breyer Law, we want to make this difficult time as easy as possible for you. While you focus on getting back to your old self, we want to focus on your case, making sure negligent parties are held responsible and that you receive the compensation you deserve. Want our help? Contact us today. We’re here waiting to help!