Most Common Types of Arizona Car Accidents
The Arizona Department of Transportation recently released its finding for 2018 crashes around the state, and the numbers were startling. There were nearly three people killed every day on average across the state due to car accidents. There were 146 injured every day. Most crashes occurred during the daylight hours. Crashes cost Arizona around $19 billion in losses.
The most common type of car crash in Arizona was a collision with another motor vehicle. This accounted for 97,081 crashes in the state during 2018. Overturning accounted for another 2,606 crashes, while pedestrians were involved in 1,595 crashes. Bicyclists were involved in 1,220 crashes. Collisions with animals totaled 2,247, and collisions with fixed objects totaled 12,065.
Here is a look at what type of collisions are most common in the state:
- Angle: 15,729 total in 2018, with 75 fatal and 5,523 resulting in injuries.
- Left turn: 17,857 total, with 74 fatal and 6,733 resulting in injuries.
- Rear end: 48,073 total, with 62 fatal and 13,528 resulting in injuries.
- Head-on: 1,875 total, with 67 fatal and 788 resulting in injuries.
- Sideswipe (same direction): 16,767 total, with 18 fatal and 1,974 resulting in injuries.
- Sideswipe (opposite direction): 1,493 total, with 14 fatal and 325 resulting in injuries.
- U-turn: 168 total, with 2 fatalities and 47 resulting in injuries.
While we discussed the cost to Arizona above, it’s also important to note that these crashes cost individual victims thousands and even hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, property damages, and rehabilitation.
When a person is injured in a crash, expenses seem to pile up. There’s the cost of emergency services, the cost of the hospital stay, the ongoing cost of rehabilitation expenses. And then there is the time off work, the missed income opportunities, and the cost of fixing damaged vehicles and property. The bills can absolutely overwhelm even people with large savings accounts. This is where The Husband and Wife Law Team can help. We work closely with insurance companies to negotiate settlements on your behalf to cover all these expenses and more. You shouldn’t have to face this financial struggle on top of your struggle to recover from the crash. The first consultation with us is free, and we can come to you if you can’t come to us.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer