What You Should Know about Fountain Hills Bicycle Crashes
The weather is pleasantly warm and that means two things: more bicycles on the road and more Fountain Hills bicycle crashes. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist, just getting started, or you’re a motorist, you have to understand the many nuances that come with traveling on a bicycle, how accidents happen, and what you can do to avoid them all together. Here are some of the top things you should know to help you avoid these unnecessary incidents on the road.
- Bicycles have as much right to the road as other vehicles. Many drivers forget that bicycles are also vehicles and that there are laws that grant them certain rights motorists must respect.
- Cyclists do not have the rule of the road. Sometimes cyclists forget that they have to follow certain laws which pertain only to them, in addition to vehicle laws. Some of these laws include making sure that you signal before moving out into traffic and using the lanes of traffic appropriately.
- The majority of accidents between motor vehicles and bicycles are caused by one or both parties not watching the traffic around them. Make sure that you are always watching for other traffic when you are out on the road, even if you already think you’re a safe driver.
- Many bicycle accidents happen at corners and stop lights. Drivers should double check their surroundings for oncoming bicycles when making a right hand turn.
- Bicycle collisions are among the most common types of crashes that don’t involve two cars. They are also one of the most dangerous. Individuals who are involved in crashes on bicycles have a significant chance of sustaining serious or even fatal injuries.
- Bicycle collisions are completely avoidable in almost all cases. Many drivers and bicycle riders do not believe that their collisions could have been avoided. But the truth is that the majority of these accidents can be avoided if travelers pay attention to the road and make safety a number one priority.
Remember, it is up to you to keep yourself safe from accidents and injuries, but when you make safety your priority you’ll be protecting everyone driving alongside you on the road.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer