How to Prevent a Scottsdale Traumatic Brain Injury on a Construction Site
To the trained eye, and even some untrained eyes, walking onto a construction site may be like walking into a live mine field, and a Scottsdale construction accident may be lurking around every corner. Scottsdale is an area where there are many construction sites and for those workers that are injured at a construction site, there is a strong likelihood that you may sustain a very serious injury.
As Scottsdale traumatic brain injury lawyers, we see that many workers sustain serious injuries as a result of being hurt on their worksite. There are literally thousands of different hazards on construction sites relating to equipment, gear, and supplies. There are also dozens of hazards on these sites relating to the crew. One of the biggest and most common hazards caused by construction workers is distraction. Here are just a few ways inattention can lead to trouble.
- A distracted worker fires a nail gun into another crew member’s hand.
- A worker who is daydreaming drives a forklift into a person, or mounted scaffolding.
- Inattentive workers engage in unsafe activities or do not observe the proper safety techniques for equipment or other job duties before beginning work.
It’s easy to say that the quickest way to avoid an accident caused by distraction is to pay more attention. And while this is true, it’s not as easy as it sounds. Here are some ways that construction workers can keep themselves focused on the job and ready for anything.
- Never use headphones or an iPod while on the job.
- Take frequent breaks and drink lots of water to keep your mental acuity sharp.
- Don’t put in ear plugs unless you must.
- Get plenty of sleep before every shift.
- Never be embarrassed to ask for help.
Why Contact a Scottsdale Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Accidents happen and when it comes to being serious injured and sustaining a brain injury, you want to find the best Scottsdale traumatic brain injury lawyer that you can find. The attorneys at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. help determine what caused your accident, and whether it was due to the negligence or inattention of another person on the site. We negotiate with your workplace to secure compensation that will fill in the holes left by your workers’ compensation benefits and help you pay for your medical care and time off work, as well as other expenses related to the accident.
We have handled many brain injury claims and understand what it takes to win cases like there. We have worked with the best brain injury expects and have much knowledge with these types of personal injury claims. For a free review of your case, call us today.