(602) 457-6222
blog home Hit-and-Run Accident What to Do after a Pima County Hit and Run Traffic Accident

What to Do after a Pima County Hit and Run Traffic Accident

By The Husband and Wife Law Team on September 24, 2014

No car crash is ever fun (unless you’re in a demolition derby), so when you find yourself as the victim of a Pima County hit and run traffic accident, it’s understandable that you will be more than just a bit stressed and upset. After all, a hit and run means that no one is taking responsibility for the damages to your vehicle and the injuries you have sustained as a result of the collision. After a crash, it’s important to think about yourself and your own safety, and in order to do that, there are a few steps you’ll need to take.

  • Calm down and try not to panic. Every car crash leads to heavy emotions, but the key is to not let them get out of control. You may be tempted to try to follow the driver that fled the scene of the collision. But it’s more important to take care of yourself.
  • Take stock of the damage and of your injuries. If you can take photos with your cell phone or a camera, make sure that you take plenty of photos of the scene of the accident, the damages to your vehicle and your injuries, if possible. If your injuries are too severe, ask the police officer who responds to the scene if they will take photographs of the scene.
  • Call the police. Whenever you are involved in a collision on the streets of Arizona, you should reach out to police. They will file a police report on your behalf, and can give their opinion as to liability, both of which can weigh in on decisions in a legal claim or insurance claim.
  • Go to the hospital. When you’ve been involved in an accident, it’s easy to fall into a state of denial. Many people who do not suffer bleeding injuries on the outside will refuse medical treatment. But truly, only a medical doctor can determine if you’ve sustained injuries that can’t be seen, like breaks or fractures, whiplash, back and spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and even internal bleeding injuries.

Don’t forget that after a hit and run accident you should call an attorney. An attorney can help you in a hit and run accident by assisting you in getting compensation for your damages. A criminal court of law, where the hit and run driver may be tried for their crime, will not issue you compensation.

Get Help Now

During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.

Send us a Text Message

Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer