Know the Signs of Santa Cruz County Elder Abuse
As an elderly individual, you know that you have a lot of things you have to worry about, but Santa Cruz County elder abuse should never be one of them. Unfortunately, you may not realize that you are being victimized until it’s too late. Knowing the signs of abuse can help you determine when you’re in trouble and if it’s time to get help.
- You feel scared when a specific person comes to see you because you do not know what they will say or do, or think they will hurt you.
- Specific individuals come to take care of you and deny you food, water, or the right to use the bathroom.
- Someone is using threats and intimidation tactics to control your behavior and make you do things that you don’t want to do.
Injuries You May Sustain in a Santa Cruz County Elder Abuse Incident
Victims of elder abuse incidents often sustain serious injuries, although not all of the injuries can be seen on the outside. Some of the most common injuries you may suffer as a result of elder abuse include:
- Malnutrition, dehydration, or other injuries caused by being refused food or water over a long period of time.
- Broken bones, torn ligaments, or deep contusions that require extensive healing.
- Damages from either physical or chemical restraints that were used as a means of controlling your behavior.
Why You Should Call a Santa Cruz County Elder Abuse Attorney
If you are the victim of a Santa Cruz County elder abuse incident, you should reach out for assistance with your recovery from a skilled personal injury attorney. The attorneys at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. will assist you by first helping to ensure your future and continued safety, and then negotiating compensation for you from the person who abused you. We will do whatever it takes to get enough compensation to cover the costs of all of your medical bills, help you recover from the mental and emotional trauma, and more. For assistance with your case, contact The Husband and Wife Law Team today.