The Husband and Wife Law Team Partners with Pool Safely
Swimming is a great way to exercise, have fun, and spend time with family and friends. It’s particularly nice in our hot state to have plenty of local places to swim and cool off. The Husband and Wife Law Team is proud to partner with Pool Safely to educate people about how to swim safely and avoid drowning accidents.
Pool Safely offers plenty of educational information for parents, grandparents, and children about the possible dangers of swimming and how to keep your loved ones safe. They even include fun educational videos in the Kids’ Corner aimed at teaching their younger audience how to stay safe in a pool.
Here’s a list of what else Pool Safely has to offer:
- Take the pledge. When you pledge to follow a few straightforward safety precautions, including learning CPR and ensuring that your children know how to swim, Pool Safely will send you a free toolkit to download. Michael Phelps helps share the message about the pledge, which has been signed by more than 60,000 people.
- Read the blog. Pool Safely offers regular blog posts and a newsletter filled with safety tips. Blog entries might include resources for grandparents who want to practice water safety with their grandchildren, and partner spotlights to let you know about the people working hard to reduce the number of pool accidents.
- Read the materials. There are several educational materials that you can download to share with friends, family members, and with employees and directors at local pools. These include seasonal toolkits, pocket-size pool safety cards, homeowner packets, portable pool tip cards, and more.
- Watch the videos. The educational videos are aimed at all age groups to make learning about pool safety fun and informative. There is also a Pool Safely song and an Adventures of Splish and Splash App to help kids learn pool safety in a fun and interactive way. Finally, you can download a kids’ activity poster to color with your children.
- Go to events. There are plenty of events that allow you to meet other parents or educators and help spread Pool Safely’s message. While some are local, you can also meet on a national level at the annual USSSA National Conference.
- Become a partner. If you’re committed to promoting pool safety and want to get engaged in the campaign, become a partner! Partners help promote campaigns and events, network to spread the message, and sponsor campaign advertisements.
Pool safety begins with homeowners and their families and extends to local swimming pool managers and employees. When we can work together to make sure that children know how to swim, swimming pool perimeters are secure from wandering toddlers, responsible adults know CPR, and all adults know to carefully watch swimmers in their care, we can reduce the amount of swimming pool injuries and deaths we see every year.
If you or a loved one is the victim of a swimming pool injury, The Husband and Wife Law Team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C., is here to help. We have years of experience partnering with groups that educate about swimming pool injuries, and we have years of experience representing victims who have been hurt.