riding effects motorcycle passenger | Phoenix Personal Injury Law Blog - Breyer Law Offices, P.C.
As experienced Arizona motorcycle accident attorneys, we know that riders involved in collisions never intend for their passengers to suffer injuries or death. That’s why it’s important for all motorcycle riders to know the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s (MSF) information on how the addition of a passenger can and will affect their riding capabilities and level of safety.
- The added weight of a passenger will affect the movement, turning capacity, and maneuver range of a motorcycle.
- Starting, stopping, passing, and changing lanes may be more difficult.
- The added weight of a passenger may affect the rear brakes, making their reaction stronger, especially when you are braking hard or fast.
- Stopping hard or fast will force the passenger to move forward and collide with the rider.
- The added weight of a passenger will increase your stopping distance on downgrades. Read the rest »