tempe acid spill | Phoenix Personal Injury Law Blog - Breyer Law Offices, P.C.
An acid mixture boiled over the edge of a vat at a Tempe plating facility Friday morning, according to a report from Jordee Kalk of The Arizona Republic. The incident, which occurred near 1100 W. Geneva Drive, caused two workers to inhale fumes. They were treated at the scene and then transported to the hospital in a private vehicle. Tempe fire officials inspected the accident site to ensure the business was cleaning up the acid spill in a safe manner.
Businesses have a responsibility to protect their employees from safety hazards, especially when employees work with dangerous chemicals and equipment. When an incident like this occurs, it can cause debilitating injuries and even death. Inhalation of fumes is just one of the many incidents that can occur at this type of company. Other types of industrial accidents include the following:
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer