Aggressive & Unsafe Lane Change Truck Accident in Phoenix
Those who regularly travel on Phoenix highways are sure to notice the presence of the large semi-trailer trucks. The trucking industry in the US is a vital segment of our economy, as we rely on it to transport a large portion of the goods that we consume.
Here in Phoenix, the commercial trucking industry has a firmly established presence and is a strong force within many aspects of the overall economy. There are over 8,000 truck-transportation related companies in this state, and as a group, are estimated to employ slightly over 100,000 people. The American Transportation Research Institute illustrated the state’s dependence on the trucking industry by citing that over 85% of Arizona communities solely use trucks to transport their goods. With such a high volume of commercial truck activity, the potential for roadway accidents, particularly between the trucks and passenger cars is high.
Preventing truck accidents involving lane changes
- Remember that the majority of these trucks have “blind-spots” toward the rear sides of the trailer that the driver is unable see despite the usage of the side view mirrors. Usually you can detect whether you are near a blind-spot if you cannot see the driver directly or by looking in his mirror.
- Avoid making sudden lane changes or dramatic increases in your speed when approaching the rear of the trailer.
- Maintain extra following distance between your vehicle and the truck than you ordinarily would with a passenger car. A safe distance would be approximately 20 car lengths to allow for extra braking time and distance.
- Always be sure your turn signals are functional and that you always use them.
- Avoid making lane changes in proximity to trucks during road inclines or declines, as the drivers are much more likely to be distracted while operating these vehicles during those transitional stretches.
- If you sense that a truck driver is driving aggressively or has become angered by a driving maneuver that you made, do not respond or further encourage or escalate the situation and move on.
Were you or a loved one seriously injured due to the actions of an overly aggressive Phoenix commercial truck driver? Has a truck driver’s carelessness or negligence cause a Phoenix lane change accident made you a victim? The commercial trucking company is likely to have strong representation from their insurance providers in these instances—and so should you! The Husband and Wife Law Team of Mark and Alexis Breyer at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. have assisted many injured Arizona residents in gaining the much needed compensation they deserve as a result of truck-related accidents. Call us today at (602) 457-6222.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer