Bullhead City Bicycle Accident Lawyers
With a community that embraces cycling for recreation and commuting, the increased presence of cyclists on the roads in Bullhead City heightens the risk of accidents. Awareness of Arizona’s bicycle laws and the potential for serious injuries underscores the importance of caution. That’s why it’s important for both cyclists and motorists to understand and respect shared road responsibilities to prevent accidents.
If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident in Bullhead City, you can trust The Husband & Wife Law Team to serve as your dedicated legal advocate. For over 35 years, our firm has fought relentlessly for the rights of accident victims, and we have a 99.7% success rate. Attorneys Mark and Alexis Breyer, who have been recognized as top personal injury lawyers by North Valley Magazine, take the lead in securing justice for our clients. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to worry about financial barriers.
Don’t hesitate to contact our Bullhead City personal injury attorneys at (602) 457-6222 for a free consultation. We’re here to help on your path to recovery.
In Arizona, drivers must adhere to various laws and regulations to ensure the protection of cyclists, prevent accidents, and promote overall road safety. Some key regulations include:
- Safe passing distance: Drivers must provide a safe distance when overtaking cyclists, typically at least three feet.
- Bike lane yield: Drivers must yield the right of way to cyclists in designated bike lanes.
- Turning vehicles: Drivers making turns must yield to cyclists in bike lanes or crossing intersections.
- Dooring prevention: Drivers should avoid opening car doors into the path of oncoming cyclists.
Drivers have rules they must follow to protect cyclists, but cyclists should also take certain precautions themselves. When hitting the road, it’s best to conduct the following safety measures:
- Wear a bicycle helmet: A simple yet life-saving precaution
- Inspect your bike: Ensure all parts are secure and functioning correctly
- Maintain visibility: Wear bright clothing and use reflectors when riding, especially at night
In a bicycle accident case, your personal injury lawyer will diligently investigate various factors to determine liability. This process involves gathering evidence, such as witness statements, traffic camera footage, and police reports, to reconstruct the sequence of events leading to the accident. Parties that may be held liable include:
- Motor vehicle drivers: If a motor vehicle driver acted negligently, such as by violating traffic laws, speeding, or driving distracted, they could be held liable for the accident.
- The city: Cities are responsible for maintaining safe road conditions. Hazardous road conditions may make cities liable for accidents.
- Manufacturers: In cases where a defect in the bicycle or a component contributed to the accident, the manufacturer could be held liable for product liability.
Bicycle accidents can result in severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones. You may be entitled to claim compensation for various damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
During the claims process, your Bullhead City bicycle accident lawyer can navigate any legal complexities, effectively negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. With their advocacy, the chances of a favorable outcome can be significantly higher, offering both financial relief and invaluable legal support.
If you’re a cyclist who has suffered severe injuries due to a careless driver, we want to know what happened. The Husband & Wife Law Team is a known powerhouse when it comes to successfully fighting for the rights of cyclists who have been seriously injured in senseless accidents.
We are fully prepared to get the justice you deserve, and we won’t back down from anybody.
Reach out to us at (602) 457-6222 today.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.