Bullhead City Truck Accident Lawyers
Legal Representation for Bullhead City Truck Collision Victims
In Arizona's Mohave County sits scenic Bullhead City, located on the Colorado River. With neighboring communities, such as Laughlin and Needles, bringing the total population of the Bullhead area to approximately 100,000, the area is the largest micropolitan area in Mohave County. In addition, Bullhead City is the largest in the county concerning area and land. With the sprawling area of this city and sizeable population, thousands of motorists are bound to be on the roads each day, increasing the chance of being involved in an accident.
One of the more dangerous vehicles to be in an accident with is a commercial truck. Commercial trucks, which typically weigh in at more than 10,000 pounds, pose a unique danger to smaller passenger cars and others on the road simply because of their immense size. Even a collision with a semi truck at a low speed has the potential to cause serious injury, and when a truck is traveling at a high speed, fatalities are very likely, most frequently in the individuals not in the truck. In order to move on from such injuries, a Bullhead City truck accident lawyer at The Husband & Wife Law Team can pursue proper compensation for victims of such accidents.
What Causes Commercial Truck Accidents?
A 2006 report from the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicates that one in 20 truck operators will be involved in a truck accident, with 77,000 of the total 141,000 collisions that year being the direct fault of the truck driver. The report reveals the top causes of truck accidents, including:
- Traveling too fast;
- Illegal maneuvering;
- Prescription and over-the-counter drug use; and
- Aggressive driving behavior.
Certain characteristics of the trucking industry can also contribute to traffic accidents occurring. For example, inadequate training that teaches driving technique and safety can be a factor in truck crashes, and unrealistic schedules created by the trucking company and systems of compensation can encourage drivers to speed and drive for more consecutive hours than is legally allowable in order to meet deadlines.
Types of Commercial Truck Accidents
Just as there are numerous ways a motor vehicle accident can occur, there are also a number of truck accidents and ways in which a collision can occur. Some of the more common types of accidents include:
- Jackknife accidents: A very dangerous type of accident, this occurs when the truck's cab or trailer folds and the truck moves at an angle down the road.
- Under-ride accidents: Also extremely dangerous, this accident happens when a truck stops suddenly and the smaller vehicle behind or to the side of the truck continues forward and goes underneath the rear trailer.
- Rollover accidents: Many rollover accidents happen as a result of speeding; however, semi trucks can rollover at speeds as slow as 5 mph given the correct conditions or hazards.
- Side collision: Occurs when the truck crashes into the side of another vehicle, and it is highly likely that the occupants of the smaller vehicle will suffer serious injuries.
How a Bullhead City Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
The Husband & Wife Law Team is experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys dedicated to helping accident victims. A truck accident can permanently change a person's life, leaving him or her with severe injuries and costly medical bills. Our Bullhead City personal injury attorneys will fight to win the settlement you deserve and need to get back on your feet. If you have been injured in a Bullhead City truck accident caused by another person's negligence, call our offices for a free consultation.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer