Phoenix Bus Accident Lawyers
Were You Injured in a Phoenix Bus Collision?
If you have suffered from a bus accident, you will want to seek immediate medical assistance. It’s also important to keep records of all your medical costs, including the ambulance ride, all your treatments, and the entire recovery process including rehabilitation. As soon as possible, consult an experienced Phoenix personal injury attorney at The Husband & Wife Law Team at (602) 457-6222 to handle your claim.
Never assume an insurance company is going to be on your side. They are in business to make money, and they achieve this by paying out as little money in claims as they can get away with. That’s why you need a personal injury lawyer who is on your side. Your attorney may be able to help you get compensation far beyond what the insurance company is offering.
Bus Accidents in Phoenix
People in Arizona use buses millions of times every year to get where they have to go. Buses are a convenient way to get around, and for hundreds of thousands of Arizonans, buses are an essential part of their everyday lives. When a bus accident occurs, it can cause serious injuries or even death. If you or a loved one has been injured in a Phoenix bus accident, you may be entitled to compensation to cover the cost of your injuries.
Whether you were injured in a crash involving public transportation, a school bus, a private bus, or a large van, it’s essential to seek the assistance of a law firm that specializes in these types of accidents. They will investigate the situation to find out if someone was negligent so they can get you a settlement to pay for your medical expenses and help you get your life back to normal.
What Are Frequent Causes of Bus Accidents?
Buses are a must for public transportation in major cities across the United States. This frequent use often leads to serious accidents. While there are many reasons why a bus might get into an accident on the road, here are some of the more common scenarios:
- Inclement weather
- Poor road conditions
- Defective or malfunctioning parts
- Another vehicle hits the buses or causes it to swerve
- Negligence on the part of the bus driver
Whatever the cause, the fallout from a bus accident is likely to be extensive. Buses weigh tens of thousands of pounds and can seriously harm pedestrians and other vehicles. That’s why, when a bus is involved in a collision, the resulting injuries are likely to be severe.
What Are Common Bus Accident Injuries?
There are several different types of injuries that may be sustained during a bus accident, and many of them are devastating. This may include:
- Severe Burns
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limbs
- Head, spinal, and brain injuries (including TBIs)
- Wrongful death
- Permanent disability
It may require surgery, hospitalization, and extensive rehabilitation for you to recover from the injuries sustained in a bus accident. Your personal injury lawyer will determine the full costs of treatment so they can get you a fair settlement, which will make it possible to get your life back in order.
What Are Different Types of Buses?
If you’re hurt in an Arizona bus accident, your attorney will do everything they can to make sure the responsible parties are held accountable. They will start by finding out who owns the bus to determine liability. There are several types of buses that operate in Arizona:
- Public/city transit buses. This is the type of bus that so many people count on daily. They may be operated a city such as Phoenix, a regional transportation agency, or a private company that’s contracted by a local government agency.
- Private/charter buses. These buses can be just as big as city buses, but they are not for general use. Chartered buses are typically hired by a group of people to provide transportation to a specific place, such as a sporting event or corporate outing. These buses are entirely private, so the charter company will be responsible for hiring the driver and maintaining passenger safety.
- Tour buses. Tour buses are similar to private or charter buses, but they are primarily used to take a group of people to several different locations or a single location that is often far away. These cases can be complicated because if the group of people using the bus hired the tour bus company directly, the company and/or the driver of the bus may be at fault. If the bus was hired through an intermediary on behalf of the group, that intermediary could also be held liable.
- School buses. When an accident involving a school bus occurs, typically it’s school district that’s liable. However, if the school board hired a private company to handle transportation, it can also be held accountable for damages.
- 15-passenger vans. These vans are typically rented from a rental or leasing company, which is ultimately responsible for the safety of their passengers.
When a Pedestrian is Injured in a Bus Accident
Not everyone who is injured in a bus accident is a passenger. Sadly, many victims of bus collisions are pedestrians. These kinds of accidents are often devastating, as pedestrians have no protection from a large vehicle. When pedestrians are hit by buses, it can result in serious injuries or death.
In many cases, when a pedestrian is hit by a bus, it is due to the negligence of the driver, who may have been distracted by his phone, fatigued or sleeping behind the wheel, or even inebriated. This is why it is so important for victims of negligent bus drivers to have the chance to recover compensation for their injuries.
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
If you are involved in a serious bus collision, your Phoenix bus accident lawyer will conduct a full investigation to determine how much compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have sustained. At The Husband & Wife Law Team, we know how to take on the big insurance companies and win. Call us at (602) 457-6222 and speak with a member of our team to set up your FREE consultation. We will fight for you every step of the way to get you the best possible settlement.
Recent Bus Accident Case Results
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- What Causes Phoenix Bus Accidents and How You Can Avoid Them
- Bus Companies’ Duty of Care to Arizona Bus Passengers
- Bus Safety Checklist - FMCSA
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.