Phoenix Red Light Car Accident Lawyers
Were You Injured at a Red Light in Phoenix?
A red light accident often results in serious injuries or loss of life. A driver who is speeding, drunk, or taking risks can speed through a red light, and innocent people may suffer the consequences.
Sometimes it is clear who is at fault. In other cases, a comprehensive investigation into the facts may be required to determine which party violated the law and was ultimately responsible for the collision.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Phoenix red light accident caused by a reckless driver, you may be able to receive compensation to cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses. Contact The Husband & Wife Law Team today by calling (602) 457-6222 to arrange your FREE consultation.
Phoenix Red Light Car Accident Client Testimonial
Legal Assistance for a Red Light Accident
Enlisting the support of an attorney is vital, particularly if the red light accident resulted in serious injuries. Cases in which a person suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord damage, broken bones, disfigurement, or other serious injuries will require extensive medical care and treatment, often at a high cost.
Noneconomic damages from your accident, such as pain and suffering and loss of quality of life are frequently a significant portion of the value of a settlement. We can evaluate your case and advise you how to move forward with a claim or lawsuit.
How Is a Red Light Collision Investigated?
Your Phoenix accident lawyer will carefully evaluate every detail of the crash evidence, and when needed, call upon professionals such as accident reconstruction experts. The history of the drivers involved can be investigated for prior accidents, DUI arrests, a record of speeding, and all other data that could be helpful in supporting an insurance claim or lawsuit.
The extent of injuries and the long-term effects on your earning capacity and quality of life will be determining factors in the value of compensation your attorneys seek.
Your red light accident lawyer will want to investigate the accident as soon as possible, before any critical evidence is lost or destroyed. Our team will search for supporting evidence, including video footage, eyewitness accounts, and police accident reports.
Your medical condition must be evaluated thoroughly to determine how your injuries will impact your quality of life. People who endanger others by engaging in dangerous driving behavior must be held accountable.
Red Light Accident Facts: An Epidemic in Phoenix
- The Associated Press reports that Phoenix ranks second in the USA for fatal accidents caused by drivers running red lights.
- The Transportation Director reports that across the state of Arizona, about one death and about 50 injury accidents occur each week as a result of drivers running red lights or stop signs.
- The Arizona Department of Transportation reports at least 2,653 accidents with injuries caused by drivers who failed to stop at a red light or stop sign in the most recently reported year.
Who Is at Fault for a Defective Traffic Light?
When a traffic light malfunctions, it’s important for each driver to stay alert and be mindful of other vehicles. Drivers will want to proceed with caution. Fortunately, there are rules indicating what you should do in these situations:
- The traffic light is flashing red: Treat a flashing red light as you would a stop sign at an intersection by making a complete stop and proceeding through when it is your turn to go. If more than one driver stops at the same time, the vehicle to your right goes first.
- The traffic light if flashing yellow: Drivers are expected to slow down and proceed through the intersection with caution.
- The traffic light is out entirely and not showing any type of signal: Treat a traffic light with no lights flashing as you would a four-way stop sign and obey the right-of-way rules.
A dangerous situation occurs when drivers are not aware of a defective traffic signal or they don’t know how to proceed. But if someone crashes into you because they didn’t know how to behave with a flashing light, they are still liable for your injuries.
How to File a Traffic Light Accident Claim
It is difficult to prove liability in a traffic-light-related accident. The drivers involved will often give conflicting accounts of what happened. In such cases, an eyewitness at the scene can be helpful in verifying how events actually unfolded.
Drivers involved in a traffic light accident may want to blame the government agency responsible for traffic signal design and maintenance. Unfortunately, government organizations often have immunity against such lawsuits, making it a challenge to hold them liable for defective traffic lights.
Government agencies may be held accountable if it can be proven that they did not fix a malfunctioning traffic light in a timely manner. For example, if a government agency failed to address a broken traffic signal after numerous reports were made, they may be liable for your injuries.
Contact a Phoenix Car Crash Attorney Today
The Husband & Wife Law Team has an impressive record in car accident injury cases. We’ve successfully settled over 98 percent of our cases, and we are prepared to evaluate your case at no cost.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, call The Husband & Wife Law Team today at (602) 457-6222. We’re on your side.
Recent Red Light Car Accident Case Verdicts:
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- $1,195,353.10 (Judgment) - Motorcycle Red Light Accident
- $100,000.00 - Red Light Accident
- Insurance Policy Limits - Red-Light Injury Accident
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer