Phoenix School Zone Accident Attorneys
Was Your Child Hurt by an Unsafe Driver?
Your child could be injured on their way to school or on the way home. This may happen while driving or if they’re walking, taking the bus, or riding a bike. One of the most dangerous areas is in school zones.
School zones are chaotic places where pedestrians, bicycles, busses, and passenger cars are all arriving at the same time. When drivers fail to take the necessary precautions and watch where they’re going, there can be catastrophic consequences.
If your child was injured in a school zone accident, contact The Husband & Wife Law Team right away. These crashes can be complicated, but our skilled investigators know how to pinpoint what caused your child’s accident.
Our Phoenix school zone accident attorneys will file a claim to help you get the money you need to cover your medical expenses. Call (602) 457-6222 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
What Causes School Zone Accidents?
When drivers in school zones don’t do what they’re supposed to, children can get hurt. That’s why these areas have reduced speed limits, flashing yellow lights, warning signs, and crossing guards to protect people.
With so much congestion, motorists, pedestrians, and bicycle riders all need to stay alert and follow the rules to keep everybody safe. Frequent causes of school zone traffic accidents include:
- Distracted drivers. It is illegal to text or talk on the cell phone while driving in Arizona. Talking to your kids is another common driver distraction in school zones.
- Speeding. School zones have lower speed limits to protect children. The faster a car is going, the more likely it is that a pedestrian will be killed or seriously harmed in a collision.
- DUI. It’s never ok to drive when you’re impaired by drugs or alcohol, which diminishes the driver’s judgment, reaction time, vision, and coordination.
- Frequent stops and passenger unloading make it essential to drive more slowly and watch where you’re going.
- Distracted walkers. Pedestrians with cell phones and kids who are playing around and talking to each other aren’t always paying enough attention.
- Ignoring traffic laws. Failing to stop for school busses with flashing red lights, entering a crosswalk where pedestrians are walking, and passing vehicles that are dropping off children can all result in serious accidents.
What to Do After a Phoenix School Zone Traffic Collision
Dial 911 immediately if someone is injured in a school zone traffic accident. Once the victim has received the appropriate care, you can use your cell phone camera to take picture of the accident scene. It will also be very helpful for your personal injury attorney if you collect contact information from any witnesses.
Insurance companies try to pay out as little in claims as they can get away with. Don’t sign any agreements, make any statements about the collision, or accept any offers from an insurance agent until you’ve had a chance to meet with a personal injury attorney.
Once they’ve finished investigating the accident, your personal injury attorney will submit a claim to the negligent driver’s insurance company. The claim will reflect the true cost of your medical expenses. When insurance companies refuse to make a reasonable offer, The Husband & Wife Law Team is always prepared to take them to court.
How to Prevent School Zone Accidents
We’ve handled a number of school zone accidents over the years, and it’s always tragic to see a child get hurt. Our team at The Husband & Wife Law Team put together this list of precautions you can take to help increase school zone safety.
- Always wear a helmet, reflective clothing, and safety gear when riding a bicycle.
- Talk to your kids about traffic safety.
- Follow all posted traffic laws.
- Look out for the crossing guard and follow their instructions.
- Drivers on both sides of the road must stop when a school bus’s red lights are flashing.
- Always use bike lanes when they’re available.
- Watch out for kids around school busses and whenever cars are pulled over.
Were You Harmed by a Careless Driver?
The Husband & Wife Law Team received a perfect 10 customer rating from AVVO and we’ve also been recognized by Super Lawyers for having a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Call (602) 457-6222 to learn more today. Remember: You won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer