Chandler Brain Injury Lawyers
Traumatic brain injuries contribute to a larger number of deaths and permanent disabilities annually than any other type of injury. Brain injuries are often classified as "catastrophic injuries" because the effects and health implications can last a lifetime.
Victims of traumatic brain injuries can pursue compensation for their losses from the at-fault party. Calculating how much a claim may be worth can be challenging in cases involving head injuries because of the long-lasting impact of these injuries. While victims who suffer a broken leg, for example, can simply calculate how much their medical bills were, victims of head injuries may not know how many medical procedures, treatments or rehabilitation they may need in the future. A qualified attorney will be able to calculate losses in terms of earnings, past and future pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of livelihood, loss of life's enjoyment, lost future income and other related damages.
If someone in your family has sustained a head injury because of a car accident, slip and fall, or another instance of someone else's negligence, do not hesitate to call a skilled brain injury attorneys in Chandler. At Breyer Law Offices P.C., we provide no-cost consultations to anyone who has sustained a traumatic head injury.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can occur whenever there is a blow to the head. Not all head injuries may have catastrophic effects, but anyone who has lost consciousness after an accident should seek immediate medical attention just to make sure that they did not suffer a traumatic brain injury.
The symptoms of brain injuries depend on the severity and location of the trauma. In cases involving mild trauma, the resulting symptoms can include:
- Memory: Victims may struggle to think clearly or to concentrate.
- Physical issues: Victims of mild brain injuries may suffer from headaches, nausea or sensitivity to noise.
- Emotional issues: It is common for head injury victims to suffer from irritability, sadness and anxiety.
- Sleep issues: Many head injury patients either have trouble falling asleep or they sleep more than usual.
The symptoms of a head injury may not necessarily manifest right away. Some symptoms of mild traumatic brain injuries may not appear until days, weeks or months after the accident.
The symptoms of severe traumatic brain injuries are often life changing, which means that they may not get better with time. Victims of severe TBIs may struggle with:
- Cognitive functions: Severe brain injuries can result in short or long-term issues with attention and memory.
- Motor functions: A serious TBI can lead to weakness in the extremities, impaired coordination and balance issues.
- Sensation issues: Victims may have issues with hearing, vision, touch or perception.
- Emotional issues: Many victims of severe TBIs suffer from emotional and psychological problems including depression, aggression, anxiety, impulse control or even personality changes.
According to the CDC, there are approximately 5.3 million Americans currently living with TBI-related disabilities. Sadly, these disabilities can affect all aspects of an individual's life.
The knowledgeable Chandler injury lawyers at Breyer Law Offices P.C. have experience handling brain injury claims throughout the state. We know how a catastrophic injury can have a significant impact on the victim, his or her family, their finances and emotional well-being. Please contact The Husband and Wife Law Team today for a free consultation if you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer