Child Injury Attorneys in Chandler
Children are generally more active than adults, which make them more accident-prone. Not all of these injuries can be prevented. There are cases, however, where someone else's negligence or wrongdoing can cause a child serious or even catastrophic injuries. In such cases, the at-fault party, be it an individual such as a caregiver or an entity such as a daycare center or a corporation, can be held liable for the injuries and damages caused.
Establishing negligence and liability can be tricky in accidents involving children. The Chandler child injury lawyers at Breyer Law Offices P.C. have a long history of helping families get the support they need during these tough times. If your child has suffered an injury as a result of someone else's negligence, please call The Husband & Wife Law Team for free to obtain more information about protecting your child's rights.
There are many ways in which children can get hurt. Some of the most common injury accidents that result from negligence include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Property owners have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are safe for guests and visitors. If a hazardous situation exists, they can, however, make sure that there are warning signs around slippery floors, uneven surfaces and other dangerous conditions.
- Car accidents: Children are often the victims of traffic accidents. Even children who are properly secured in car seats and booster seats can sustain devastating injuries in a collision. In cases where the child's injuries are caused by a defective car seat, the manufacturer can also be held liable.
- Defective products: There are many defective children's products in the marketplace. When a defective toy breaks, a child can choke on the pieces. When a crib or bassinet is defectively designed, a baby can get trapped and strangulated. Excessive levels of toxic substances such as lead or cadmium in children's toys can have serious health effects on young children including irreversible brain damage.
- Bicycle accidents: Children experience a high level of risk for bicycle-related injuries. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), children 15 years and younger accounted for 59 percent of all bicycle-related injuries seen in the nation's emergency departments.
- Burns: Many children sustain devastating burn injuries. Victims of house fires, car fires and defective products may be able to hold a negligent property owner or defective product manufacturer liable for their damages.
- Swimming pool accidents: There are many cases each year of swimming pool- related accidents. Property owners are required to keep their pools fenced with working gates and locks. CDC recommends that swimming pool owners have several layers of protection to prevent these tragic child drowning incidents.
If your child has suffered an injury because of someone else's negligence, please do not hesitate to speak with a lawyer about your legal options. Financial compensation may be available for medical bills, hospitalization costs, mental anguish, physical pain, the costs of rehabilitation services and other related damages. A Chandler accident lawyer will work diligently to ensure that your child's rights and best interests are protected.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer