Gilbert Bicycle Accident Lawyers
As more Gilbert residents shift towards cost-efficient and environmentally friendly modes of transportation, bicyclists must share the road with motorists. However, bicyclists are particularly vulnerable when riding and sharing the street with motor vehicles. It’s essential for motorists to exercise reasonable care to avoid bicycle accidents.
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of a bicycle accident, The Husband & Wife Law Team is here to be your trusted ally in pursuing a personal injury claim. We are dedicated advocates for injured bicyclists in Gilbert and are committed to providing the best legal representation. With a deep understanding of the local landscape and a commitment to advocating for cyclists’ rights, Mark and Alexis Breyer bring a unique blend of legal experience, skill, and community awareness to support your case.
Call the Gilbert car accident lawyers at The Husband & Wife Law Team at (480) 753-4534 for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Negligence, in the context of bicycle accidents, refers to the failure of one party to exercise the reasonable care expected under the circumstances, resulting in harm to another. Negligence law plays a crucial role in determining liability when unfortunate accidents occur.
- Duty of care: All road users, including motorists and cyclists, have a duty to exercise reasonable care to avoid causing harm to others. In the context of Gilbert bicycle accidents, this duty encompasses respecting traffic laws, yielding the right of way, and maintaining awareness of the surroundings.
- Breach of duty: A breach of duty occurs when someone fails to fulfill their obligation of care. For instance, motorists may breach their duty by failing to yield to a cyclist at an intersection or due to drunk or distracted driving. Establishing a breach of duty is a critical step in proving negligence.
- Causation: To establish negligence, it must be clear that a breach of duty directly caused the bicycle accident and subsequent injuries. Your personal injury lawyer can investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident to establish a clear link between the at-fault party’s actions and the harm suffered by the cyclist.
- Damages: In the aftermath of a bicycle accident, the injured party must have suffered actual damages, such as medical expenses, property damage, or pain and suffering.
In a bicycle accident case, your Gilbert personal injury lawyer plays an important role in determining the full extent of your damages and fighting for the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Arizona adheres to a pure comparative negligence standard. Under this system, the amount of compensation an injured bicyclist can receive is reduced by the percentage of their contributory fault. As a result, bicyclists must also exercise care to avoid accidents, including:
- Adhering to traffic laws: Bicyclists must diligently follow traffic laws, including obeying traffic signals and stop signs and yielding the right of way. Adhering to these rules contributes to overall road safety and reduces the likelihood of accidents.
- Proper use of bike lanes: Utilizing designated bike lanes when available is crucial for both cyclists’ safety and traffic flow. Bicyclists should stay within the confines of bike lanes, respecting the designated space and promoting a smoother coexistence with other road users.
- Visibility enhancements: Bicyclists should prioritize their visibility, especially during low-light conditions. Equipping bicycles with required lights and reflectors enhances visibility for motorists, reducing the risk of accidents, particularly during dawn, dusk, or nighttime riding.
- Traffic signal compliance: Bicyclists must adhere to traffic signals and signs just like motor vehicles. Signaling intentions, stopping at stop signs, and respecting traffic signals contribute to a safer environment for all road users and help prevent accidents.
- Safe riding practices in business districts: Arizona law prohibits riding bicycles on sidewalks in business districts. Bicyclists should be aware of local ordinances, use designated bike paths or roads, and refrain from riding on sidewalks in areas where it is prohibited. This ensures a safer and more predictable flow of pedestrian and cyclist traffic.
If you’re seeking a Gilbert bicycle accident attorney, choose The Husband & Wife Law Team for a combination of legal prowess, community knowledge, and personalized client-focused representation. Mark and Alexis Breyer bring years of experience and a passion for justice to every case, ensuring you have dedicated allies by your side to tackle your legal challenges.
Contact us at (480) 753-4534 for a consultation, and let us help you achieve the fair and just resolution you deserve.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.