Las Vegas Bus Accident Attorneys
Buses are a great way to get around. At any given moment on the busy streets of Las Vegas, you will see city buses, tour buses from out of town, and school buses transporting children. Traveling by bus is cost-effective and relatively safe in this city. However, while they are capable of absorbing a significant impact during a crash, they rarely offer safety belts or airbags to keep passengers safe.
The experienced Las Vegas auto accident lawyers at The Husband & Wife Law Team represent the rights of injured auto accident victims. We understand the significant financial and emotional burdens placed on victims and their families in the aftermath of a catastrophic bus crash. Please contact us to find out how we can help.
Las Vegas is a hub for tourism. At all hours of the day you can find tour coaches, open-roof and even double-decker buses. These tour buses add to the already congested streets along with school buses and regional public buses. The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC) is responsible for much of the bus transportation within Las Vegas. The transit fleet consists of about 39 routes in the surrounding area. RTC buses carried nearly 64.5 million passengers in the year 2018. The vast majority of those passengers were transported without incident. However, accidents can and do happen.
There are a number of reasons why a bus may be involved in a collision. Some of the most common causes of bus collisions include:
- Faulty equipment: Many bus accidents are entirely preventable through proper maintenance. Bus companies, however, often fail to make the repairs necessary to the brakes, tires and engines for fear of losing money while the bus is out of service.
- Bus driver inattention: Bus drivers have the difficult task of monitoring their passengers while focusing on the roadway. Drivers who are distracted by passengers or drivers who illegally talk on the cell phone or text while operating the bus put their passengers in harm's way.
- Lack of experience: It is vital for bus companies to properly vet, train, and supervise their drivers. It is challenging to operate a large bus on the busy streets of Las Vegas. Drivers who lack experience should not be allowed in areas with which they are unfamiliar.
- Bus driver fatigue: There are federal regulations in place to prevent bus drivers from working long hours without rest. Drivers who violate Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations can be held accountable for the damages they cause by falling asleep at the wheel.
- Dangerous Roadways: Some bus accidents are also caused by roadways with large potholes or highways that have defective guardrails. In such cases, the governmental entity responsible for maintaining the roadway can be held liable.
- Defective parts: Bus crashes also occur as the result of a vehicle defect or malfunctioning parts such as brakes or tires.
There are several parties that could potentially be held liable in bus accident cases. If the accident was caused by the bus driver's negligence, the driver and his or her employer (the bus company/operator) can be held liable. If the accident occurred due to poor maintenance or negligent hiring, the bus operator can be held responsible. If a dangerous roadway condition caused or contributed to the accident, the governmental agency responsible for maintaining the roadway can be held accountable. If a vehicle defect or a faulty part causes the bus crash, the bus manufacturer or the maker of the defective part can be held liable.
Bus companies have the highest duty of care to their passengers. If you have been injured in a bus accident, you could seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, hospitalization, permanent injuries, disabilities, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. If you or your child has been injured in a bus crash, it is crucial that you obtain information from the scene, such as the bus's license plate, the name of the bus company's insurer, contact information for fellow passengers, as well as eyewitnesses. Take photos of the bus, the accident scene and injuries to you and others on the bus. Make sure that your name is part of the accident report and get prompt medical care and treatment.
The experienced Las Vegas accident attorneys at The Husband & Wife Law Team have a long and successful track record of fighting for the rights of injured clients and their families. We will work diligently to ensure that you are fairly and fully compensated for your losses and that the at-fault party is held accountable. Please contact us at (702) 380-8000 for a free and comprehensive case assessment.
- Why Marijuana Party Bus Tours Won’t be Allowed in Vegas
- Tour Bus Accidents in Las Vegas – What You Need to Know to be Safe
- Look, No Hands! Self-Driving Bus Run in Las Vegas Raises Liability Questions
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer