Mesa Internal Injury Lawyers
Injuries sustained outside the body are easy to see and a little more straightforward to diagnose and treat. On the other hand, internal injuries are less obvious, especially when caused by blunt trauma. If you cannot see any visible trauma, you may assume nothing is wrong while a terrible health complication is developing. At The Husband & Wife Law Team, our experienced Mesa personal injury lawyers could fight on your behalf if you sustained internal injuries as a result of another party’s negligence. Our legal team understands the difficulties you are facing and is prepared to help you pursue compensation. Call us today at (480) 944-9753 to schedule a consultation and get started on your claim.
When it comes to internal injuries, there are two main types: blunt and penetrating. Both could be potentially severe, so regardless of the type you sustained, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Here is what you need to know about these two types of internal injuries:
- Blunt trauma: Internal injuries caused by blunt trauma are not as easy to detect because they do not always leave visible outward signs. That is why it is always essential to be seen by a doctor after being involved in an accident. Otherwise, these injuries could be potentially fatal.
- Penetrating trauma: Penetrating trauma is not as inconspicuous as blunt trauma since it is caused by a foreign object puncturing the skin and tearing into the body’s blood vessels. For example, a gunshot wound is penetrating trauma.
Common internal injuries include organ damage, broken ribs, traumatic brain injuries, ruptured spleen, collapsed lungs, and internal bleeding.
Internal injuries could result in serious health problems and, in severe cases, lifelong issues. Some of the most common causes of these injuries include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Violent attacks and physical assault
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Car accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
If your injuries were caused by an accident that someone else was at fault for, you could file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. Obtaining skilled legal representation is a crucial step in this process.
The symptoms of internal injuries vary depending on the part of your body that was harmed. These are some of the most common symptoms:
- Symptoms of internal bleeding include dizziness, passing out, numbness, weakness, severe headaches, shortness of breath, and weakness on one side of the body.
- Symptoms of internal damage to the head include trouble swallowing or chewing, numbness on one side of the body, severe headaches, trouble speaking, difficulty writing, changes in alertness, and tingling in the hands and feet.
- Symptoms of internal damage to the chest and abdomen include dizziness, chest pain, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, blood in urine, and black stool.
Other general symptoms include a rapid heart rate, low blood pressure, and weakness.
Were you involved in an accident that resulted in internal injuries? If it was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you should obtain experienced legal counsel to pursue the fair and just compensation you deserve. At The Husband & Wife Law Team, our Mesa internal injury lawyers are here to provide the knowledgeable legal advice you need to navigate your claim. Call our law office today at (480) 944-9753 to schedule a case review with a member of our team.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.