Mesa Van Accident Attorneys
Vans are a great way for families and small groups to travel. Despite their susceptibility to rollovers, most vans have high safety ratings. Nevertheless, van accidents can happen, often through the negligence of other drivers. In that case, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced Mesa van accident attorney.
Our award winning legal team wins or settles 98% of our cases. Attorney Mark Breyer is a certified specialist in personal injury and wrongful death law. After a van accident with injuries, contact us to find out if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.
Many different factors can contribute to van accidents. Common causes include:
- Driver error: Van drivers can make errors in judgment that lead to crashes, for example, overcorrecting steering in reaction to an emergency, or failing to accurately judge the speed and distance of an oncoming vehicle when turning left at an intersection or merging into traffic.
- Running off the road: If a van goes off a rural road, it can overturn when it travels into soft soil or strikes a ditch or embankment.
- Drowsy driving: A driver who is tired is more likely to make mistakes or, worse yet, to fall asleep at the wheel and lose control of the vehicle.
- Mechanical failure: A van can crash when essential components fail, such as the brakes, steering system, or tires.
- Weather conditions: Snow, ice, rain, poor visibility, and other weather conditions can make it more difficult to operate a van safely.
Van collisions can cause a variety of injuries, ranging in severity from mild to fatal. Common van accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Rapid, back-and-forth movement of the neck in a van accident can cause whiplash. This neck injury is commonly caused by rear-end collisions.
- Bone fractures: The body may be subjected to extreme force or pressure in a collision. Broken bones are among the most common types of injuries suffered in van accidents.
- Traumatic brain injury: The force of a collision can cause the brain to strike the inside of the skull or the head to strike an object inside the vehicle. In either case, brain structures and nerve tissue can be damaged.
- Facial injuries: Van accidents can cause severe injuries to the face including bone fractures, eye damage, dental fractures, contusions, and lacerations.
- Rib injuries: Injuries to ribs in van accidents can range from mild bruising to broken ribs. A broken rib can puncture blood vessels or internal organs.
- Soft tissue injuries: Sprains, strains, and bruising are common in van accidents. Sprains occur between two bones of a joint such as an elbow or knee. Strains occur within the muscle or the tissue connecting the muscle to the bone.
Liability for a van accident can depend on what caused the crash. Potentially liable parties may include: the van driver if he or she was negligent; the van owner if the vehicle was not properly maintained; or a manufacturer if a defective part caused the crash. Our Mesa auto accident attorney can investigate you’re the accident to determine fault and liability, secure evidence to support your claim, and effectively pursue the compensation you deserve.
The Husband & Wife Law Team are recognized throughout Arizona as top injury lawyers. We have been awarded membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo, and named among the Top 5 Injury Lawyers by North Valley Magazine. Contact us at (602) 457-6222 for the legal help you need after a serious van accident.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.