Top Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle Crash Overview
If you've been riding a motorcycle for any length of time, you've probably had a few close calls. Drivers of passenger vehicles and tractor trailers just don't see bikers. How many times has another driver changed lanes without looking, forcing you to take evasive action? How many times have other drivers made a left turn right in front of you?
How many times have you heard the skidding of tires behind you when stopped at a light, and wondered, "Is this it?" Unfortunately, it seems to be getting more dangerous to ride a motorcycle these days, and it's most likely due to distracted driving. Too many drivers are looking at their phones instead of paying attention to the road and they're putting biker's lives in grave danger.
If you have been injured in an accident while riding a motorcycle (such as road rash, lower limb amputations/injuries, or degloving injuries), you may be able to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. To secure the settlement you deserve, you will need the representation of an top Phoenix motorcycle accident attorneys. The legal team at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. has been successfully representing Arizona injury victims for 20 years. Let us put our two decades of experience behind your claim by calling (602) 267-1280 for a free consultation.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Client Testimonial
Motorcycles vs Passenger Vehicles
You enjoy riding, but you also take it seriously. You work at being a good driver because your life depends on it. Unfortunately, drivers of passenger vehicles don't have the same relation with their cars. Most of them don't love to drive; they drive to get some place, run some errands, or drop the kids off at school. And being a good driver isn't all that important to them, they've got seatbelts, airbags, crumple zones, and a big steel shell surrounding them. Motorcycle riders have none of that.
Compensation for Damages
If you've been in a motorcycle accident due to the fault of a careless, negligent, or reckless party, you may seek compensation for any of the following damages:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills related to your original injuries (such as reconstructive surgeries, skin grafts, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Household and vehicle modifications (such as wheelchair ramps and lifts)
- Costs of physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a limb
- Full or partial paralysis
- Property loss or damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Diminished earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages if you've lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident
The Representation You Need for the Settlement You Deserve
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you will need the representation of an experienced Phoenix injury lawyer. That's where The Husband & Wife Legal Team at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. can help. We will aggressively pursue damages against the liable party and see that you get your bills paid and your lost wages recovered. We will also make sure that you are compensated for your pain and suffering, and that you get the proper medical care to fully recover.
Motorcycle Accident Wrongful Death
Phoenix residents are no longer just using motorcycles to hit the highway. Many local residents are riding as part of their daily commute. Most motorcycles are relatively inexpensive when compared to larger passenger vehicles. However, motorcycles are also much more dangerous. They are more vulnerable to dangerous roadway conditions, are difficult to maneuver and provide no protection to riders in the event of a collision. Motorcycle accidents can cause severe injuries and long-term disabilities, or even death.
As a result, victims' families face significant emotional and financial burdens in the aftermath of a fatal motorcycle crash. When the accident and resulting death was caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another driver, families of deceased motorcycle accident victims can seek compensation for their significant losses. The experienced Phoenix wrongful death lawyers at the Breyer Law Offices P.C. can help injured victims and their families better understand their legal rights and options. Please call us at (602) 267-1280 to find out how we can help you.
Arizona Fatal Motorcycle Accident Cases
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation, there were 3,189 motorcycle crashes statewide in the year 2014. During that same year, 127 people were killed while riding a motorcycle including 123 drivers and four motorcycle passengers. A "wrongful death" is when a driver who is violating the law or behaving in a careless manner kills a motorcyclist.
Dangerous driving behavior that can lead to a motorcycle accident wrongful death include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/drugs
- Speeding or driving at an inappropriate speed
- Making an unsafe turn
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Failing to obey traffic sign or light
- Driving in opposing lanes of traffic
- Making an unsafe lane change without first looking for a motorcyclist
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
Justice and Fair Compensation
A wrongful death claim is a civil action that seeks monetary compensation for those who were financially dependent on the decedent. Wrongful death claims are usually filed by a victim's family members such as a spouse, children, siblings, parents or anyone else who was financially dependent on him or her. A driver does not have to face citations or criminal to be held financially liable for a motorcycle accident. The family of the decedent must, however, prove that the at-fault driver's negligence caused or contributed to the accident. Therefore, if you have lost a loved one in a fatal Phoenix motorcycle crash, evidence from the site of the accident, testimony from witnesses and experts and records of the injuries suffered by the victim can prove invaluable during the claims process.
A successful wrongful death claim brough by a Phoenix motorcycle accident attorney can result in financial support for losses such as the medical bills incurred before the victim died, his or her funeral expenses, lost future income and pain and suffering. While a criminal case can punish a wrongdoer, it does not provide any type of monetary compensation for struggling families. Not only do families face emotional struggles, but they also face severe financial burdens. These problems can be even worse if the decedent is a primary or sole wage earner.
At the Breyer Law Offices, P.C., our goal is to provide compassionate legal representation to families who are facing these formidable challenges. We will remain on your side through what can be a complex process, fight for your rights every step of the way and work diligently to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your significant losses. Please contact us at (602) 267-1280 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Case Verdicts:
Click here to view other verdicts and settlements.
- Confidential Settlement - Motorcycle Accident
- $1,195,353.10 (Judgment) - Motorcycle Accident
- $450,000.00 - Motorcycle Accident
- $450,000.00 - Motorcycle Car Accident
- $100,000.00 - Motorcycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident Blogs
- Motorcycle Safety Blogs
- What Is Lane Splitting, and Could It Impact You?
- Accident Scene Management Classes: Why They Are Important for Motorcyclists
- Do You Know How to Manage a Motorcycle Accident Scene?
- What to Do Following a Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- What to Do If You Are a Motorcycle Rider Struck by a Phoenix Drunk Driver
- What to Do If You are a Motorcycle Rider and Collide with a Stationary Object
- Top Causes of Phoenix Motorcycle Accidents
- California Dreamin' - Lane Splitting Legalities Between Our States
- Use Your Head - Arizona State Legislature Reviews Motorcycle Helmet Proposal
- What to Do When Your Family Member Has Been Killed in a Phoenix Motorcycle Crash