Motorcycle Crash Facts Infographic
Show your support for Motorcycle Safety by:
- Embedding the infographic by copying and pasting the following code onto your website:
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.breyerlaw.com/images/motorcycle-crash-facts-infographic.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="https://www.breyerlaw.com/images/motorcycle-crash-facts-infographic.jpg" alt="Motorcycle Crash Facts Infographic" width="450" border="0" /></a> <p align="center"><a href="/images/motorcycle-crash-facts-infographic.jpg" target="_blank">See Larger Image</a></div>
- Linking to this page on your own website:
<a href="https://www.breyerlaw.com/motorcycle-accidents/motorcycle-crash-facts-infographic.html">Motorcycle Crash Facts Infographic</a>
- Writing a blog about the infographic.
- Clicking on one of the buttons above the infographic to share it on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Digg, Google, and many other sites.
Five Motorcycle Crash Facts
From The Husband & Wife Law Team Injury Prevention and Safety Division
- In motorcycle crashes, sixty percent of the time, motorists in other vehicles are at fault when they collide with motorcycles.
- Listed below are the primary body parts that are injured for nonfatal motorcyclists’ crashes and the percentage of time it happens:
- 30% - Leg and/or foot
- 22% - Head and/or neck
- 20% - Upper trunk
- 18% - Arm and/or Head
- 8% - Lower trunk
- 3% - Unknown and/or other body part
- A motorcycle traveling at 35 mph will take the motorcyclist 2.68 seconds to react, the motorcycle 2.06 seconds to brake, and 84.73 feet to come to a stop.
- A motorcycle traveling at 55 mph will take the motorcyclist 3.86 seconds to react, the motorcycle 3.24 seconds to brake, and 180.66 feet to come to a stop.
- A motorcycle traveling at 75 mph will take the motorcyclist 5.04 seconds to react, the motorcycle 4.42 seconds to brake, and 311.15 feet to come to a stop.
- $13, 926 for a rider who was wearing a helmet
- $20, 551 for a rider who was NOT wearing a helmet
To join our motorcycle newsletter mailing list, click here.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.