The Husband and Wife Law Team November 2016 Motorcycle Newsletter
In This Issue
- Rider Events: Hogtoberfest
- Top 5
- Veterans Day Breakfast
- Legal Rumbles
- Veteran Rider of the Month: RJ Justice
- Bike Events
Or click here to download pdf.
Rider Events: Hogtoberfest
ON SATURDAY OCTOBER 29TH, The Husband and Wife Law Team attended the annual Hogtoberfest put on by Tucson HOG chapter. The morning started off with a poker run and ended at Brother Johns’ Beer, Bourbon and BBQ. Great spot with awesome food!! Lots of football watching!!
Vendors lined the parking lot as riders were returning. Buffet BBQ was served to participants, and tables were full of raffle prizes including leather jacket, chaps, boots, eyewear, helmets, gloves and much more.
Poker cash prizes were $500, $300 and $200. Part of the agenda included bike games, dancing, and fashion show by Tucson H-D. Lots of hot new lines were showed off by the models.
- We are helping to prepare a great event promoting motorcycle safety called, “Riding For the Long Haul.” Events like these take lots of late night meetings.
- We held a free breakfast for Veterans at Scottsdale Harley Davidson. The event was amazing with entertainment, MC, and Mark speaking.
- Mark was featured on Channel 3 with some motorcycle friends in the community.
- We had our annual movie event where we showed Elf. We had almost 300 RSVPs. Look for the event next year – free games, popcorn and movie.
- Our favorite top 10 in a while… We had a client who was involved in a serious accident who had many back surgeries prior to the accident and had just had a knee surgery prior to the accident. While discussing his case and the offers that came back, he told Alexis that he watches the top ten in our newsletter and sees how we often get policy limits. At the time, the offer extended was less than half of the policy limits. Alexis told the client to continue to be patient and have trust. Fast forward two months and it was so exciting to the tell the client that we got the policy limits offer. Of course, case scenarios are all different but our evaluations are usually spot on or we will recommend fighting in litigation.
Veterans Day Breakfast
Thank you to everyone that attended our Veteran’s Appreciation Breakfast at Harley-Davidson Scottsdale. And a special thank you to the Harley-Davidson drill team, Roger Ferland and Jim Moore for participating in the event!
Check your insurance to see if you have uninsured, underinsured and medical payment coverage!
Arizona has one of the highest amount of uninsured drivers on the roadways. Also, Arizona has one of the lowest insurance limits enforced by the State. Currently, if a driver causes an accident, Arizona law requires only $15,000 coverage for liability and $10,000 for property damage. This means if you are hit by someone with minimum coverage the most you could receive from the at-fault party is $15,000 for injuries and $10,000 for your bike – generally speaking. There are times we may have a dram shop case against an establishment for serving too much alcohol, we find additional coverage outside of the at fault driver, or we pursue the at-fault driver for a judgment to attach their personal assets. That being said, an at-fault driver can many times bankruptcy out of an injury judgment. Therefore, protecting yourself when driving is very important. The coverages that most protect you on your own policy are uninsured, underinsured and medical payment coverage. Make sure you discuss these coverages and understand them thorough when making your insurance choices. If you need help or recommendations for insurance agents or want us to review your policy, give us a call.
Veteran Rider of the Month – RJ Justice
We thought it would be fitting to honor a Veteran Rider this month. We met up with Rob “RJ” Justice a purple heart rider. RJ was born in Tucson, AZ. He lived there until moving to Phoenix in his middle school years.
RJ started riding at the age of 12. His neighbor had a 650 triumph, which he lent to RJ and his friend while they practiced riding in a dirt lot. His first motorcycle after getting his license was a AJS -500 single. RJ spent his military time as a diver on CB team in the navy stationed in Vietnam. He was wounded during his time serving and was discharged after.
When returning back to Arizona, he started working at the post office, and then was part of Phoenix Police Department. After that, he spent 15 years as a truck driver, before finally doing something he was passionate about; furniture craftsmanship and design. RJ took a woodworking shop in school and enjoyed it as a hobby through the years.
RJ just loves riding, one of his hobbies when he was younger was flat track racing. He has been at many places throughout the United States on his motorcycle, some of his favorite rides are The PCH in California, riding throughout Colorado, and his rides to Sturgis.
He shared with us, that one of the things he would like to do is to go back to Vietnam and do a riding tour. RJ also enjoys volunteering in his spare time, in past he has volunteered at homeless shelters during blanket and coat drives. He is now exploring volunteer positions at the VA.
RJ joined The Purple Heart Riders 2 years ago as the Vice President of the Arizona chapter. The Purple Heart riders is a national association with roughly 1500 members. All ride motorcycles and are a purple heart recipients.
Arizona Biker Leathers 14th Anniversary Customer Appreciation Party
December 3 @ 12:00PM - 4:00PM
Free food and drinks, Music, Raffles, and Vendors.
Location: 13833 N. 19th Ave (NE Corner) in Phoenix, AZ 85023
More Information: arizonabikerleathers.com
4th Annual Cutrano Rods & Hawgs Charity Car Party
December 18 @ 12:00 - 6:00PM
Kids Zones, Santa, Raffles, Live Music, and Fireworks.
Location: Victory Lane Sports Park, 22603 N 43rd Ave, Glendale, Arizona, 85310
7th Annual Skin And Steel
January 21st 2017 @ 10PM - 4PM
Free admission, Tattoo artists and contest, Live Music, Motorcycle contest, Vendors, Raffles, Food, Beer Garden.
Location: 125 S. Industrial Park Ave., Tempe, Arizona 85282
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer