Burn Injury Lawyers in Phoenix
The effects of a burn injury can be long-lasting and life-threatening, including chronic pain, infection, and even amputation. If you have suffered trauma of this kind and believe another party is to blame, you may be able to pursue your claim through Arizona's court system. Often all it takes to mount a compelling suit is a viable case and quality legal representation from an experienced Phoenix personal injury attorney.
Breyer Law Offices, P.C. offers a consistent and reliable approach to personal injury litigation in the state. With considerable experience in catastrophic injuries and a deep network of medical experts on call, this firm's commitment and care are without peer in the area. Burn injuries can easily snowball into systemic issues that may plague the victim for years to come, so you will want to retain an effective firm as soon as possible. Don't hesitate to call the Phoenix burn injury lawyers at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. today at (602) 457-6222 for a free comprehensive case evaluation.
According to the American Burn Association (ABA), in the United States, close to half a million people go to the emergency room each year to receive treatment for burn injuries. Although burn injury victims have a solid 94 percent survival rate, they often experience excruciating pain and are left with lingering physical effects and traumatic memories.
Below are statistics provided by the ABA on the various causes of burn injuries:
- 46 percent of burn injuries are caused by contact with fire or flame
- 32 percent of burn patients are scalded by steam, hot water, spilled coffee, etc.
- 8 percent of burn injuries result from contact with hot objects like ovens
- 4 percent of burn accidents involve inadvertent contact with electricity
- The remaining 10 percent of burn incidents involve chemical burns, sun burns, fireworks and other causes
The most common place for burn accidents is actually the home, so be sure to stay vigilant and address burn hazards in your house before they hurt you or someone you love.
A burn injury can range from minor to catastrophic to even fatal. Depending on the severity of your burn incident, you may be able to get compensation for the following damages:
- Cost of past and future medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Lost wages during recovery
- Diminished earning capacity
- Physical pain and mental anguish
If the party responsible for your burn injury acted in a particularly reckless fashion, the court may award you punitive damages as well.
If you decide to hire us as your legal representatives, we will advance all costs related to pursuing your Arizona injury claim so you do not have to pay out of pocket for our legal fees. Breyer Law Offices, P.C. operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you won't owe us a cent if we're not able to obtain a judgment or settlement. Contact the Phoenix personal injury attorneys at The Husband and Wife Law Team at (602) 457-6222 to learn more.
- What You Should Know About the Different Kinds of Burns
- Tips for Preventing Burn Injuries in the Home
- Burn Awareness and Preventing Arizona Child Injury
- American Burn Association
- Burns - MedlinePlus
- Burns - National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer