Phoenix Foodborne Illness Attorneys
Just about everyone has experienced some form of food poisoning in his or her lifetime. To say it is awful is an understatement. There are few things as painful as becoming ill from tainted food. But while many of have suffered through such pain, there are those who have needed more than just rest and plenty of fluids. Depending on the type of microbes ingested, some victims of food poisoning can face life-threatening conditions, or even death.
If you, or a family member, have recently been made ill by improperly handled food, you are not alone. The Center For Disease Control (CDC) estimates that nearly 130,000 people are hospitalized each year due to food poisoning. Of those, roughly 3,000 people die from their illness.
As a result, food manufactures, distributors, and handlers that sell disease ridden foods can be held legally accountable for foodborne illnesses and deaths through a product liability claim. While the types of compensation can vary, some of the more common types of damages covered in such claims can include:
- Emergency medical treatment and transportation
- Extended hospitalization and accommodations
- Loss of wages and employment
- Specialist and doctor visits
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
But in order to secure a positive outcome on any claim, you’ll need strong representation. With Breyer Law Offices, P.C. you can expect just that and more. For twenty years, our team of Phoenix personal injury attorneys has been providing legal counsel to those who need it most. Under the leadership of The Husband & Wife Law Team of Mark and Alexis Breyer, we have helped many clients just like you obtain the recovery they deserve. To schedule your free consultation dial (602) 267-1280 or use the form found on this page to submit your information.
As reported by the CDC, there are well over 250 different types of foodborne diseases. Aggressive bacteria strains are the cause for a majority of these diseases. Others are the result of viruses or parasites finding their way into unprepared meats and others are the result of toxic chemicals leaking into the supply chain. However, some germs tend to find their way into the spotlight more than others. The following list is just some of the usual suspects in foodborne illness claims:
- E. Coli – a bacteria found in uncooked foods such as poultry and dairy
- Listeria – another bacteria fond of raw foods such as cheese and certain meats
- Shigella – a bacterium spread through person-to-person contact and unsanitary conditions
- Norovirus – virus found in human stool and is passed via person-to-person contact
- Salmonella – very common bacterium that is found in uncooked or raw foods like chicken or dairy
Unfortunately, probably not as long as you would like. In the state of Arizona, all claims are subject to a statute of limitations. This means that you have a limited amount of time in which to file. Failing to do so can mean a complete forfeiture of your right to compensation. The sooner you are able to contact our Phoenix foodborne illness lawyers, the better your odds will be at securing a positive outcome. Breyer Law Offices, P.C. can be reached at (602) 267-1280.
- 'Tis (Always) the Season for Recalls
- Know Food Safety Guidelines for the Holidays
- Protecting Your Children from Holiday Food Poisoning
- Four Steps to Food Safety - CDC
- Federal Food Safety Information
- Current Food Recalls and Alerts
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer