Phoenix Broken Bone Attorneys
Legal Help for Victims of Broken Bones and Fractures
Broken bones and fracture injuries are some of the most frustrating types of injuries you can experience. While these injuries may not completely incapacitate you, or make it impossible for you to move around, they can greatly limit your mobility, your range of motion, and your ability to do the things that you love to do or have to do. These injuries can interfere with your ability to work, if not completely impair your ability to have a job. And when this occurs, it can turn your world upside down. Understanding how these accidents happen and what that means for you, your family, and your future, is the key to ensuring that you get the right help at the right time from the right attorney. Read on for more information about broken bones and fracture injuries and then call the Phoenix accident lawyers at The Husband and Wife Law Team to get more information that can help you navigate through your recovery and get your life back.
Accidents that Cause Broken Bone and Fracture Injuries
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle collisions
- Accidents involving pedestrians, including car crashes
- Accidents involving bicycle riders, including motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace accidents involving poor safety devices and rules, and negligence
- Dog attacks
- Accidents, including slip and fall accidents, that occur at grocery stores and other businesses
- Other serious accidents and incidents
A doctor will use an X-ray machine to see the location and type of fracture that has occurred. X-rays help doctors to prescribe a proper treatment plan for a closed fracture. A broken bone may lead to loss of mobility. A doctor will use a splint or cast to keep the fractured body part still. Keeping the fracture still is sometimes the key to a successful recovery. It is important to keep the fracture in proper alignment so that it heals correctly. A doctor may put a hard cast on a patient initially and then switch to a soft removable cast after a majority of the healing has been completed. The patient would then need to start physical therapy to regain strength and mobility at the fracture site.
If the patient has suffered from an open fracture immediate care is needed. The open wound should be covered with a clean cloth to stop bleeding and keep debris from getting into the fracture. A doctor will prescribe antibiotics to prevent the spread of infection.
Many fractures require immediate surgery. If you are involved in an accident and think you may have sustained a fracture, it is important to get medical care right away. Being involved in an accident and having a fracture is not just about today, but also the future. Fractures are likely to take a long time to heal and many fractures are permanent injuries. A bone fracture typically comes with a lot of medical bills, pain and discomfort, in addition to lost wages due to your inability to work. As you can see, the combined cost for a single accident can get very high, very quickly, when serious fracture injuries are involved.
What Causes Broken Bone and Fracture Injury Accidents
- Lack of safety requirements on the job, or lack of enforcement for safety requirements
- Negligent behavior in any situation, or behavior that could be considered horseplay, or reckless, in nature
- Not paying attention to what is going on in the vicinity
- Purposely making dangerous decisions that could lead to others sustaining serious injuries without regard to the consequences
- Distraction, especially on the road, and especially caused by other activities being done while engaged in the primary activity, like talking on the cell phone, texting on the cell phone, having conversations in the car, eating and drinking, or changing radio stations
How a Phoenix Broken Bone Attorney Can Help You After a Fracture Injury
If you were the victim of a broken bone or fracture injury, you’re going to need time to recover, and that means you’re going to need help from a skilled Phoenix injury attorney. The Husband and Wife Law Team will help you through every step of your recovery. We start by listening and gathering evidence on your behalf. We negotiate with the other party, who caused your injuries, to come to an agreement on a settlement that will pay for your medical expenses, replace your lost income, and help you work towards a full recovery over time.
To start your recovery off on the right foot, reach out to the Phoenix broken bone attorneys at the Breyer Law Offices, P.C. for a free review of your accident, your injuries, and your case right now. Call us today at (602) 267-1280.
- Broken Bone Injuries Commonly Suffered in Tempe Bike Accidents
- Thumb and Finger Fractures Could Lead to Serious Complications
- Broken Bone Information from MedlinePlus
Recent Fracture Injury Case Verdicts:
- $200,000.00 - Work Injury Accident / L1/L2 Fracture
- $140,000.00 - Premises Liability / Slip and Fall / Hip Fracture
- $120,000.00 - Freeway Accident / Ankle Fracture
- Policy Limits - Pedestrian Accident / Leg Fracture
- Insurance Policy Limits - Catastrophic Injury / Multiple Leg Fracture
- Insurance Policy Limits - Head-On Collision / Multiple Fractures
- Insurance Policy Limits - Bus Accident / Fractured Ribs