Phoenix Hotel Accident Attorneys
A slip and fall accident, or premises liability, happens when someone trips, falls, or slips due to a hazardous environment on someone else’s property.
Hotels throughout Arizona are places where you can go to get away from the hustle, bustle, and worry of everyday life. But many people are unaware of the dangers that face them on their holiday.
Visitors to hotels should try to protect themselves from slips, trips, and falls that ruin vacations by watching out for hazards. Needless to say, even visitors who do watch out for potential hazards may be involved in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident at a hotel.
Hotel management and staff have a responsibility to maintain their premises and protect guests from harm. All areas in the parking lots or ramps, hallways, lobby, and individual rooms should be well-lit and clear of any hazards for the safety of the guests. Unfortunately, managers and staff often make mistakes or neglect their duties, resulting in serious injury accidents. Some of the most common causes behind hotel accidents include:
- Unsafe conditions near the swimming pool area, including broken tiles, excessive pooling of water, and slippery walking surfaces.
- Defective escalators that stop and start or cause undue catching on visitors' clothing.
- Wet or slippery floors from cleaning, wet weather being tracked into the building, leaks or spills, or even ice machines.
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see in the hallways, lobby, and outside the hotel.
- Staircases that are broken or lack railings.
Being involved in a hotel accident is just about the last thing a vacationer wants to deal with, and it’s frequently a stressful situation. But if you're injured, you will need to keep your cool, stay calm, and:
- Notify the hotel management of your situation as quickly as possible.
- Go to the emergency room or a suitable doctor nearby for immediate medical care.
- Contact a personal injury attorney to talk about your situation.
Injured hotel visitors should not wait to contact an attorney when they are hurt in an accident; the longer you wait to file a claim, the harder it may be to win your case. If you feel a slip or fall injured you at a hotel due to an unmarked or unattended hazard, you may be entitled to damages.
The Husband & Wife Law Team works quickly and accurately to file a strong personal injury case as soon as possible and within the statute of limitations. We negotiate to make sure that our client receives a fair settlement that will take care of the costs of recovery, including any medical expenses or personal pain and suffering that resulted from the accident. Call a Phoenix premises liability attorney at The Husband & Wife Law Team, at (602) 457-6222 for a free review of your hotel accident case today.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer