How Do Phoenix Child Injuries Happen at School?
Accidents at School
A skilled Arizona injury attorneys, we know that parents expect school to be a safe place for their children. But many parents don't think about the accidents that can happen that may cause injuries to their child and don't understand how liability law protects their child while at school. Accidents at school can happen in a number of ways, including:
- Poorly maintained flooring that leads to trip and fall accidents;
- Broken playground equipment that leads to falls, broken bones, cuts, and serious contusions;
- Leaks in the ceiling or spills on the floor that have not been cleaned up by school maintenance that lead to slip and fall accidents;
- Broken or missing tiles and handrails in stairwells that can lead to a child falling down the stairs;
- Torn carpets and rugs in disrepair which can cause trip hazards; and
- Broken cement or unlevel surfaces on the playground that create trip hazards when left unrepaired.
What to Do If a Child Injury Affects Your Family
If a child injury that happened at school affects your family, your first inclination may be to call the school principal. While you should make contact with the school, your first priority should be to get adequate medical care for your child. If you are able to go to the school and collect photographic evidence of the broken tiles, torn carpet, or other issues that resulted in your child's injuries, this should be your next step, followed by a phone call or meeting with the principal of the school.
Depending on your situation and the response of the school principal and the superintendent of your school district, you may want to first contact a Phoenix child injury lawyer to talk about your case and the next best steps. You want to make sure not to take action that will destroy your child's personal injury claim.
Phoenix Child Injury Attorney to Protect Your Rights
Every child injury accident that happens at school should be taken seriously and if your child is hurt due to the negligence of a staff member at school, a slip and fall accident, or the negligence of another person at the school including another student, you should consider speaking with an experienced Phoenix child injury attorneys about your case.
The Husband and Wife Law Team knows how to work with schools and school districts to help ensure that your family receives the compensation needed to pay for your child's recovery. We do whatever we can to negotiate a reasonable settlement that will provide for the costs of medical care, your time off work to care for your child and other damages that arise from the accident. Call top Phoenix attorneys Alexis and Mark Breyer at (602) 267-1280 for assistance.