2012 Viral Video Scholarship Contest and Official Rules
The video with the most votes will be the winner of our:
$1000 scholarship prize and will be aired as a Public Service Announcement!
We are looking for the best student videographer in Arizona. Any student in Arizona is eligible.
- The subject/idea/theme of all submitted videos must be: Safe Driving.
- Style: Viral video/public service announcement.
- All submissions must be no more than 120 seconds in total length (content, credits, etc.).
- All submissions must contain the "contest identification" slide at the beginning of the main video content for 2 seconds.
- Any additional credits, thank you, etc. must be displayed AFTER the required "contest identification" slide mentioned above.
- Video Guidelines
- Submission Guidelines / How to Enter the Contest
- General Rules
- Announcement of Winner
- Submissions will be accepted starting March 1st.
- All submissions must be received by April 14th, 2012, 11:59pm PST.
- Voting begins on April 17th through May 1st.
- Winner will be announced on May 7, 2012 via this website.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to follow the exact video guidelines will result in disqualification.
- The contestant is 100% responsible for all production costs of their video.
- The contestant is 100% responsible for the creation of a video that does not infringe on any copyright, does not break any local, state, or federal communication laws. Breyer Law Offices, P.C. (hereon referred to as “sponsor”) will not be held responsible for any laws broken, violations, etc.
- All submissions will become the property of Sponsor.
- Any submission deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- The submission must be the original work of the contestant.
- The submission must be uploaded in accordance with the specifications set forth in the contest rules as displayed on the Sponsor’s website.
- Any submission or portion thereof that is, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any third-party materials, other than Sponsor’s related materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand other than Sponsor’s or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may be disqualified.
- Any clothing worn in the submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party. No Entry shall contain any content other than as described above, a performance that has been broadcast or streamed, published or televised on television or as part of a recording of a motion picture film or television program.
- Submitted videos must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public figure, include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
- Any Entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the contest requirements will be disqualified.
- If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the entry (or any portion thereof) appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be disqualified. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or Entry will be disqualified from the Contest.
- You are personally responsible for your behavior while creating this video and agree to indemnify all sponsors of this Contest, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind (including attorney fees and costs) that may be incurred in connection with a third party claim or a claim by you that may occur in the creation and submission of your video.
Submission Guidelines/How To Enter The Contest:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Failure to follow the exact submission guidelines will result in disqualification.
- All submissions must be posted on the creator’s own YouTube account and should allow embedding.
- Title: The words: “Husband and Wife Law Team Viral Video Contest:” must appear at the beginning of the video title. Example: “Husband and Wife Law Team Viral Video Contest: Stay Alive, Don’t Text And Drive”
- Description: The following must appear in the video description of all submitted videos:
- Contestant’s name, age, & school
- Breyer Law Offices, P.C., Arizona's Husband And Wife Law Team, personal injury attorneys and car accident lawyers, Phoenix, Arizona, https://www.breyerlaw.com
- A description of the video in the creators own words. There is no limit on the length of the description.
- Additional credits if desired.
- Tags: The following YouTube video tags are required: viral, video, contest, scholarship, lawyer, husband and wife law team, phoenix, injury lawyer, attorney.
- Category: Youtube: Film & Animation
- Privacy: All contest entries should be placed on YouTube using the “Public” privacy setting.
- A link to the video page where the video resides should be sent to: Sponsor via the video submission form at the top of this page. All fields must be filled in to be eligible.
- All contest entries must be received no later than April 14th, 2012 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. Any entries received after that date will not be accepted.
- ONE prize of a $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the video receiving the most votes.
- The winning video will be aired as a Public Service Announcement.
- The prize can be used towards tuition at a recognized academic institution. The prize will be awarded as a check made payable to the institution. No transfer or substitution of prize permitted by winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ names, likenesses and Entries for promotional and advertising purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. If the winner is not currently enrolled in a recognized academic institution the prize will be withheld until such time as enrollment is verified.
- By participating in the Contest, contestants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Judges’ decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. If you do not agree to any term or Condition in this document DO NOT participate in this contest or submit a video. By submitting a video you agree to Official Rules.
- By posting a video, you guarantee, represent and warrant that:
- You have the legal right to post Content and it does not violate any law.
- That, if you are under 18 at the time of the submission, that you will provide Sponsor with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian granting you permission to participate in this contest and agreeing to all terms and conditions of the Official Contest and Rules. The sponsors of this contest are in no way liable for your failure to obtain permission to participate in this contest. If the Sponsors learn that you were under 18 at the time of the submission and you failed to provide Sponsor with a signed notarized release by your parent or legal guardian, your entry will be disqualified. If your parent or legal guardian refuses to give you permission, DO NOT participate.
- You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your video submission to use the name or likeness of each and every identifiable person in the content in the manner contemplated by the Sponsors of this contest.
- That any personal information you provide may be provided to third parties and by participating in this contest you give the contest sponsors permission to use that information in the promotion of this contest and in any way that advances the purposes of this contest.
- All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the video at the time of Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the Contest.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if any aspect of the Contest becomes technically corrupted, and determine the Finalists from Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor and its agencies and each party’s respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Contest or the awarding of prizes. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or use or redemption of prize.
- By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). In addition, you hereby assign to the Sponsor all rights, titles, and interests that you may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright or trademark or any other third-party right other than Sponsor nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) you have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright, trademark and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. You waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. You hereby release Sponsor, its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of its employees (collectively, the “Contest Indemnities”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Contest, Indemnities due to or arising out of your participation in the Contest, or use of your name, likeness, Entry and/or voice, or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for including but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. You further agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless Contest Indemnities from any and all claims that any commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Contest Indemnities infringes on your rights as contained in the Entry submission.
- You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules, are fully familiar with its contents and agree to be bound by them. The Contest and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Arizona state and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in Arizona state.
- All submissions will be open to voting between April 17th, 2012 through May 1st, 2012. The video with the most votes wins.
- The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting.
- There may only be 1 vote per IP address per day.
Announcement of Winner:
The name of the scholarship winner will be available after May 7, 2012 by visiting this site. The winner will be notified via phone and email.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer