Scottsdale Bike Accident Lawyers
Bicycle accidents are on the rise. In 2013 there was a 66 percent increase in bicyclists being struck and killed by motor vehicles throughout the state. Scottsdale is far from the exception – if you have been injured or had a loved one killed in a bicycle collision, the time to act is now. Speak with the Scottsdale injury attorneys at The Husband & Wife Law Team today for a FREE case evaluation to determine what options you have available.
As you are probably all too aware - bicycle accidents often result in debilitating injuries. Don't let the at-fault party walk away from the wreck while you or a loved one suffers – let our vetted team of personal injury litigators hold the negligent party accountable for their actions in a court of law. You deserve compensation for your pain and we will ensure you receive it. And remember, you won't pay a single fee until we've won your suit.
But don't delay - the statute of limitations in Arizona allows for a limited amount of time for you to file you claim. Do not wait until the time limit is up – contact our bicycle accident lawyers in Scottsdale today and let The Husband & Wife Law Team of Mark and Alexis Breyer secure the kind of verdict you and your family need. Call or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment today.
The short answer is: as soon as possible. However, there are a number of steps to consider prior to following up with a Scottsdale bike accident attorney. Because a bicycle accident can become deadly very quickly, the severity of your wreck will play a role in what steps you must take and when to take them. For the sake of this entry, we will assume that emergency care was not required and you were able to move without aid or relatively minor assistance. Barring extensive injury at the scene you should take these immediate steps:
- Call the Police & Remain Calm – The latter part of this note may be easier said than done. But any rash and irrational action taken in the moments following the accident can quickly lead to your own legal troubles as well as a complete nullification of your own potential lawsuit against the careless driver. So, maintaining a cool demeanor in this situation is critical.
You should contact the Scottsdale Police once everything has been accounted for at the scene – wait until they arrive before leaving or deciding that the wreck doesn't warrant a report. If the police do not arrive, gather the driver's contact, license and insurance information then follow up with the authorities after the fact.
- Record the Scene – You'll want to take as many photographs, videos and notes of the accident scene as possible. This includes your bike, the driver's vehicle, your injuries and any other viable factors that may be at play with the accident – such as road conditions, lack of signage or even a third party. All of this information will be vital in securing your settlement or suit in the weeks and months following.
- Seek Medical Attention – As stated previously, it is assumed here that you are not in need of an ambulance or other emergency care. Given that, it is prudent to speak with a doctor or medical practitioner about your accident no matter how minor it may seem. Some injuries do not give off immediate symptoms such as concussion or internal bruising. A thorough examination can head off any potential long term issues, as well as providing solid evidence for a settlement by way of medical records.
Too often, bicycle accidents are not reported or overlooked by law enforcement officials in the community. Despite this, it is critical you get in touch with a Scottsdale car accident lawyer to evaluate your case and begin building a defense as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more likely evidence and reliable witnesses may fade away. The Husband & Wife Law Team is ready to help defend your interests and help you secure the rightful compensation you deserve, so please call (480) 944-9755 today.
- Safe Bicycling in Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Praised as a Bicycle-Friendly City
- Common Misconceptions about Scottsdale Child Bicycle Crashes
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.