Scottsdale Boat Accident Attorneys
Scottsdale is home to beautiful bodies of water, including Lake Pleasant, Bartlett Lake, and Saguaro Lake. Unfortunately, boating accidents have become more common in the area, with more and more visitors and residents taking to the water every year. Many accidents occur on our lakes, many of which result in serious injuries or deaths.
It is essential to contact a lawyer immediately if you or someone close to you has been injured in a boating incident. Call our Scottsdale boat accident lawyers at (480) 944-9755 for a free consultation.
Boating accidents can occur for many reasons, but certain types of accidents are more likely to cause serious injuries, which include:
- Collisions: Collisions with stationary objects or other boats: These accidents may be caused by operator inattention, poor lookout, or speeding. Alcohol can be a factor in many boating accidents, as drinking affects the ability to judge, react, and coordinate.
- Capsizing: Boats may capsize due to various factors, including overloading, instabilities, and rough weather conditions. Alcohol can increase the risk of capsizing since intoxicated people are less likely than others to recognize dangers or respond appropriately.
- Falls Overboard and Drowning: Serious injuries or even death can be caused by falling overboard if you are not wearing a safety jacket. Alcohol can play a major role in these accidents as it can impair balance, coordination, and swimming ability.
In Arizona, boat operators are required to possess a valid driver’s license and complete a boating safety course approved by the Arizona Game and Fish Department. Not only is this required by law, but it is also a commonsense safety obligation for any responsible boat operator.
Scottsdale boat operators must adhere to specific rules and regulations to protect both themselves and other water users, which include:
- Keep a proper lookout and drive with caution.
- All boat occupants must have the required safety equipment, including life vests.
- Do not operate any watercraft while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Additionally, federal laws may apply to boats traveling in U.S. waters, including regulations surrounding life jackets, navigation lighting, and more. Following these state and federal laws is critical for the safety of all boaters on the water.
- Following the speed limit in certain areas and avoiding reckless driving behaviors
- Maintaining proper boating equipment and safety gear, such as fire extinguishers and flares
Liability in boating accidents can be complicated, as it involves multiple parties and factors. A Scottsdale personal injury lawyer can investigate the accident thoroughly, gather relevant evidence and identify any potential defendants, such as:
- Boat owners and operators who have been found to be negligent or under the influence.
- Boating equipment manufacturers or retailers who manufacture or sell defective products.
- The regulatory agencies are responsible for signage and warnings.
If you have suffered an injury from a boating accident in Scottsdale, it is crucial to act quickly and take the appropriate steps to protect your health and legal rights. The first step you should take after seeking medical attention is to contact an experienced attorney. Our Scottsdale boat accident lawyers can help you in several ways.
- Investigation of the accident, gathering evidence and determining liability.
- To maximize your compensation, you must evaluate the full extent of any injuries.
- Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance companies.
- Representing you at court if an agreement is not reached.
The Husband & Wife Law Team is a top choice for personal injury cases. Led by Mark and Alexis Breyer, our team has earned a reputation for their dedication to seeking justice for their clients. Their achievements include board-certification in injury and wrongful death law and a track record of successful results for injury victims. With a free consultation and contingency fee basis, we make it easy for anyone to seek justice and compensation after an accident.
Call The Husband & Wife Law Team at (480) 944-9755 to take the first step to seeking the justice and compensation you deserve.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.