Car Crash Lawyer in Scottsdale
Legal Representation After a Scottsdale Car Accident
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it can be a very emotional time – especially if serious injury of any kind is involved. It can also be a very stressful time, having to deal with insurance companies and medical bills. At Breyer Law Offices, P.C., our Scottsdale personal injury attorneys are here to guide you through every phase of your accident’s aftermath. We are The Husband and Wife Law Team, and we not only have experience dealing with car accidents, we also know how to win!
Common Causes of Car Accidents
These are some of the more commonly known causes of car accidents. Finding the cause of an accident is important, as it’s the first step in seeking compensation.
- Distracted driving. Most distracted driving involves texting and/or talking on a smart phone while driving. But, it can also include such acts adjusting the radio, grooming, or even eating.
- Driver fatigue. This is a problem most people think only truckers face, but drivers of cars and other vehicles get tired, too. In fact, the majority of accidents that happen between 11p.m. and 8a.m. are due, at least in part, to driver fatigue.
- Speeding. Simple enough, driving at excessive speeds reduces a driver’s reaction time and can cause more severe injury as the vehicle will make a bigger impact.
- Impaired driving. Until texting while driving overtook its number one spot, this used to be the most common cause of all car accidents.
- Weather. Many people think that bad weather and road conditions will excuse them if they get into an accident, but that’s not the case. Liability may still be an issue, even under the worst of conditions.
- Vehicle malfunction. It’s not always the fault of the driver. If part of the vehicle malfunctions while being driven, it can cause an accident and terrible injury.
Common Injuries from Car Accidents
Cars can weigh several tons of manufactured steel, and can cause terrible harm and injury to the people involved in car accidents. If you’re in an accident, it’s important to seek medical attention and, even if you don’t think you’ve been injured, to have everything documented. There may be injuries that aren’t apparent until weeks, or even months, later. Here are some of the most common injuries associated with car accidents:
- Back injuries (sciatica, lower back pain, and mid to upper back pain)
- Neck injuries
- Facial injuries
- Kneeling injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries, including TBIs
- Internal injuries
- Mental and emotional injuries
Compensation in Car Accident Cases
Without a full review of your case, no one can tell you if you can expect compensation, or how much you will be entitled to. However, any victim of a car accident can file a claim to seek compensation for losses. These are divided into two areas – compensatory damages and punitive damages.
Compensatory damages are those that you can attach an actual dollar amount to. They include things like medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and property loss. These things will have a value, even if it’s an approximation, and you can file a claim for that amount.
Punitive damages are assessed by a court or judge and are intended to discourage the defendant from taking part in the same intentional behavior again.
Why We are the Car Accident Attorneys to Help you Through
Over the years, we here at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. have represented many victims in and around the Scottsdale area who have lost financial stability, physical mobility and family members due to negligent drivers. These are some of the most heartbreaking cases we’ve seen, and that’s why we believe strongly in fighting for just and fair compensation for families who have been victimized in vehicle accidents.
We’ve fought tirelessly in the past for accident victims. Just check out the compensation results we’ve gotten for past clients:
- S.D. vs. Ford Motor Company, Bridgestone/Firestone Rubber and Tire
- M.T. vs. Bridgestone/Firestone North American Tire Company; Ford Motor Company
- J.M. and P.M. vs. American Family Insurance Company
- Mr. H. vs. Farmer’s Insurance Company; Government Insurers
- The T Family vs. Westfield Insurance Company
- R.S. vs. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Contact a Scottsdale Car Accident Lawyer Today
We are The Husband and Wife Law Team, and we’ve seen success in car accident cases time and time again. We want to help you, too. Give our office a call today at (480) 422-5474 for a free case evaluation, and let us start reviewing your case today.