Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys in Scottsdale
Changing Seasons Doesn't Prevent Threat of Pool Accidents
When the weather cools down, parents may believe that drowning accidents are less likely to occur. As Scottsdale accident attorneys, we can tell you that there are far too many pool accident drownings, not just during the summer, but also during the year.
When people think that pool accidents are not rampant, it often leads to people being less cautious around pools. It is always imperative that as homeowners and adults that we are extra cautious when young ones are around the pool. Thinking that drownings are decreasing and are not a risk to everyone, may lead to more fatal injuries to young children. There are multiple drowning threats in private homes and at clubs that parents should be aware of year-round and not only when the sun is out and the weather is warm. Below is a list of things that concern us as lawyers and parents and are things that parents should be aware of when their children are around water:
- Indoor swimming pools and hot tubs in homes, hotels, and clubs.
- Bathtubs filled with water that children can fall into.
- Full washing machines that are reachable by little children.
- Ponds that freeze over in backyards or at parks that children play on during winter months.
Parents should remember that at every time of the year, these types of Arizona drowning accidents can occur, especially when children are left alone or unattended. It is always a good idea as well to let caregivers know of your concerns when letting your children be watched by others.
How to Prevent Arizona Drowning Accidents Throughout the Year
Drowning accidents are common throughout the entire year and it is important that parents know what to look for and how to manage their child's interaction with water to keep them as safe as possible. Here are some things to look out for:
- Avoid leaving a bathtub unattended when water is running or the tub is filled.
- Do not allow children to be unattended at indoor pools or hot tubs, even those pools and other water features meant for children.
- Ensure that your children understand not to play on frozen water features because they could crack.
- Always block off your washing machine so that your small children cannot climb up and inside.
- Talk with the caregiver to make sure they understand the precautions that are necessary to take around water.
Scottsdale Swimming Pool Accident Attorneys with Extensive Legal Experience
No matter how safe you keep your own home, your child could still be injured in a drowning accident at another location. If you have a loved one who has been injured or sustained a fatal injury in a pool accident, it is important to reach out to experienced Scottsdale slip and fall accident attorneys at Breyer Law Offices, P.C. As lawyers, we know that there are investigations that need to take place immediately after the incident. We understand that it is shocking when something like this happens to you and your family. We are here for emotional support as well as legal support.
The Husband and Wife Law Team does whatever it takes to help determine who was at fault for your child's injuries and we would negotiate for a fair settlement to help you take care of your child. We have handled cases where children are injured due to someone's negligence and fatal injuries as well. We know we cannot bring back a child, but we can put the family in a situation to know that this will never happen again. Contact our lawyers at (480) 422-5474 for help protecting and asserting your child's rights.