Surprise Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
According to a recent ABC15 analysis, Surprise is one of the top Arizona crash zone cities, with 25 red light crashes per 10,000 residents. Bell Road in particular is a hot spot, as it is tied to multiple intersections that are among the most crash prone.
Because motorcycles don’t have the same structural protection as automobiles, and because many other drivers do not notice motorcycles until it is too late, motorcycle riders and passengers are especially vulnerable to serious injuries.
What Should You Do After a Surprise Motorcycle Accident?
- Call 911.
- Take pictures of the scene.
- Notify your insurance company.
- Do not speak with the other driver’s insurer.
- Hire a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Several factors make Surprise motorcycle accident claims more complex than other types of motor vehicle accidents.
- Injuries that result from a motorcycle accident are often more severe and require more compensation.
- Prejudice against motorcycle drivers that they are reckless drivers.
- Motorcycle helmet and safety laws can make some accident claims more challenging to handle. The other driver might use these laws and try to shift blame for the accident on the motorcyclist.
To claim compensation after a motorcycle accident, you must show that the accident was the fault of the other driver. You must also show that the other driver’s actions (or failure to act) led to your injuries. Evidence of this type commonly consists of:
- Police reports
- Photographic evidence
- Witness testimony
- Forensic reconstructions
After you are able to establish that the other party is negligent, you can use your medical records and other evidence to substantiate your injuries. That information makes it easier to claim the compensation you deserve. There are various forms of compensation you can claim, including:
- Medical expenses, including prescription medications, doctor’s visits, lab tests, surgical procedures and physical therapy
- Any wages lost due to missing work while you recovered
- Damaged or destroyed property
- Future medical care, if necessary
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages if the other driver was extremely reckless
The Husband & Wife Law Team Can Help
Arizona’s motorcycle laws can greatly influence your claim for damages after an accident. It is important to know the details of these laws. There are different laws surrounding helmets, licensing and traffic safety. Hiring an experienced Surprise accident lawyer can help you understand these laws and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Don’t wait–evidence can be lost and witnesses may forget crucial facts. Any delay could weaken your case and reduce your chance of being fairly compensated. The Husband & Wife Law Team has the experience and skills necessary to investigate your case and fight for you. Call us today at (623) 930-8064.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer