Surprise Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Surprise, Arizona, located in Maricopa County, is known for its hospitality and vibrancy. With its endless charm and vibrant real estate market, it’s a place both newcomers and long-term residents call home. As a rapidly growing city with many farms and citrus ranches, the population has grown significantly in the past few years. While this is good for Maricopa County, it comes with an increased risk of traffic incidents, including pedestrian accidents.
The Husband & Wife Law Team, headed by Mark Breyer and Alexis Breyer, has served the community of Surprise for over 20 years—Mark Breyer is a Certified Injury Specialist, one of less than 2% of Arizona lawyers. Our commitment to client satisfaction and ethical practice has earned us an “A+” rating from the Better Business Bureau and the highest ranking for ethics and legal abilities (“AV”) by Martindale-Hubbell. We are also proud members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an elite group of trial lawyers who have won million and multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
When you choose The Husband & Wife Law Team, you can feel secure knowing that your case will be handled with the utmost professionalism and dedication. Contact our Surprise pedestrian injury attorneys at (623) 930-8064 to schedule a complimentary consultation today.
Pedestrian accidents are often caused by the following types of negligent driving conduct:
- Distracted driving: This is the primary cause of pedestrian collisions. Drivers may remove their attention from the road because they are distracted. A significant cause of this distraction is mobile phones and texting.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit reduces a driver’s reaction time when pedestrian crossings are unexpected, resulting in more accidents.
Other less common causes of pedestrian accidents are:
- Poor lighting: Dimly lit areas can be dangerous, as drivers might not see pedestrians until it’s too late.
- Inadequate infrastructure: A lack of infrastructure, such as crosswalks and sidewalks, forces pedestrians to walk alongside vehicles. When city planners don’t account for pedestrian safety, the results can be disastrous.
- Badly maintained roads: Poorly maintained streets can cause pedestrian accidents. Poor road conditions, such as potholes and other road damage, can lead to cars swerving and hitting pedestrians.
Pedestrian accidents may result in serious injuries, including:
- Broken bones and fractures: Broken bones resulting from pedestrian accidents are not only extremely painful, but they can take months to heal and may require complex surgeries.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs): Often caused by pedestrian accidents, these TBIs can have a significant impact on the injury victim and their families.
- Spinal cord injury: Serious accidents can cause paralysis and require lifelong adjustments and care, making it imperative to seek the maximum compensation.
Drivers may be held responsible for a pedestrian accident when they fail to exercise caution and their negligence results in a pedestrian accident. Actions that would comprise negligence may include speeding, not yielding, and driving while distracted.
When the issue is poor lighting or infrastructure issues on private or public property, the local government or private individuals may be liable. Property owners have a responsibility to provide adequate lighting and well-maintained grounds. They may be held liable for issues such as:
- Missing sidewalks
- Missing pedestrian signs
- Poorly maintained roads
After a pedestrian accident in Surprise:
- Always prioritize your safety and remove yourself from harm’s way as the most urgent priority.
- Even if the injury seems minor, seek immediate medical attention.
- Document the accident site and collect contact information from any witnesses.
- Keep a record of all injuries and expenses for medical care.
The Husband & Wife Law Team consists of experienced Surprise, AZ personal injury attorneys that can:
- Negotiate with the insurance companies in your best interest.
- Submit your claim with all the necessary evidence.
- Protect your rights during the entire claims process.
- Use expert resources as needed.
- Ensure the legal process is smooth to reduce your stress and burden.
- Handle all legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.
It’s not necessary to handle the aftermath of a pedestrian accident on your own. Contact The Husband & Wife Law Team for help with your case. Our attorneys help the injured seek justice and compensation for all damages in pedestrian accident cases in Surprise, AZ, and the surrounding communities. Your initial consultation is free— call today at (623) 930-8064, and let’s see how we can help.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.