Surprise Truck Accident Lawyers
The city of Surprise, located in Arizona’s Maricopa County, is the second-fastest growing municipality in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. Surprise has experienced a massive boost in population, which has increased 281% from the 2000 U.S. Census to the 2010 U.S. Census. The rapid increase in population means more individuals sharing the road, whether it is cars, bicyclists, motorcyclists, or large commercial trucks.
An accident involving a commercial truck, which can weigh in at more than 80,000 pounds, is much more likely to result in serious, life-threatening injuries than a standard motor vehicle accident due to its immense size. In addition, the occupants of the smaller vehicle are more apt to suffer the serious personal injuries and are at a greater risk for fatalities. Though the number of truck accidents has been declining in recent years, an estimated 500,000 truck crashes occur each year, showing the need for motorists to be cautious around these large vehicles and for truck drivers to use many safety practices when behind the wheel.
Those injured in truck accidents can seek help from the Surprise tractor trailer accident lawyers at The Husband & Wife Law Team to seek proper compensation for their losses from at-fault parties.
As commercial trucks present unique dangers to others on the road, it is important for both big rig operators, automobile drivers, and others on two wheels to be aware of some of the more common causes of truck collisions. Due to certain features of the trucking industry itself and negligent behaviors of truck drivers, truck accidents can be more likely to occur. The following are some of the dangers presented by semi truck drivers:
- Inadequate training, such as proper safety and driving techniques;
- Unrealistic schedules and goals set by trucking companies, which may encourage drivers to go too fast and drive too much, despite safety risks; and
- Systems of compensation that might encourage fast speeds and excess working hours.
Automobile drivers may also be responsible for truck crashes occurring. Some risky behaviors include: changing lanes in front of a truck, driving between large trucks, and failing to slow down or speed up when a truck begins to change lanes.
There are a number of different types of truck accidents that can occur. A few of the more dangerous include:
- Under-ride accident: This happens when a smaller vehicle hits the truck from the rear or side and slides underneath. One of the more deadly type of accidents.
- Rear-end crash: A very dangerous, and often avoidable, type of accident, this occurs when a large truck collides with another vehicle from behind.
- Side collision: When a big rig crashes into the side of another motor vehicle, and is very likely to result in serious injuries to the occupants of the smaller vehicle.
- Jackknife Accident: Occurs when the truck’s cab or trailer folds and truck starts moving down the road at an angle.
A truck collision can have detrimental effects for all parties involved and can certainly be life-altering, potentially leaving victims with serious, critical injuries. If an accident is caused by the negligence, recklessness, or oversight or a truck driver or truck company, the accident victim can pursue compensation. Negligence must be proven in any personal injury case, and without appropriate evidence or witness testimony, this may be difficult to do.
The Husband & Wife Law Team have years of experience helping truck accident victims obtain the compensation they need to recover from a devastating crash. Compensation can be sought for things like lost wages, medical bills, or pain and suffering. Our Surprise auto accident attorneys will work hard to obtain justice for you while you focus on healing. For a free consultation regarding your accident case, please call our law firm at (623) 930-8064 today.
Get Help Now
During a free consultation, we will look at the important aspects of your case, answer your questions, and explain your legal rights and options clearly. All submissions are confidentially reviewed by Mark Breyer.
Confidentially reviewed by Attorney Mark Breyer
By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Husband and Wife Law Team. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.